Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Wedding Party Proposals - How did you ask your wedding party?

Joey, on August 1, 2018 at 17:09 Posted in Before the wedding 0 20

How did you ask your nearest and dearest to take on a role in your wedding? Did you ask them in person, in writing, or on the phone? Was it a surprise? Did you give them a gift?

How did you "propose" to your wedding party?

Wedding Party Proposals - How did you ask your wedding party? 1

Photo from Pinterest

20 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on August 7, 2018 at 17:34
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't do any fancy proposals since I didn't know it was a thing at the time, plus my one bridesmaid appointed herself slightly lol. We asked most of our people in person though, to add a personal touch considering we live far away. My FH texted on of his groomsmen since he's in Australia right now and I texted one of my bridesmaids who I wouldn't see for a while.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a box full of goodies and pamper things with a card with a picture of me and each girl and asked them to be my bridesmaid and maid of honor!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave my girls custom robes and a bath bomb. My sister/MOH I also gave some earrings. My bridesman I just called, I wasn't sure what to give him but I still feel bad so I will need to have something for him when he comes for the wedding.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wine bottles for the girls. And beer bottles for the guys! Had personalized cookies made for our ring bearer and flower girl along with shirts

Wedding Party Proposals - How did you ask your wedding party? 2

Wedding Party Proposals - How did you ask your wedding party? 3
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I gave them a box with a letter, ring pop, and champagne bottle!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got them a bottle of rose prosecco and a stemless wine glass that said a I can't say I do without you with their name engraved on the back and personalized cards off etsy.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got cards from zazzle (this site is AMAZING). some were sweet, some where super funny (one being glitter writing saying "will you hold my dress while I pee"). and then bought knot bracelets (super affordable on amazon. 5 of them for under 15 bucks).

1 I got to give in person. the others I had to send.

for our niece and nephew we spent more money because I wanted it really special for them. we got our nephew a book about being a superstar ring bearer. and our niece I found a bracelet on etsy that had her name (she never has anything with her name) and a charm that says something along the lines of "today you are the junior bridesmaid. one day it will be your turn. I hope this is your something old". she's 11 and was over the moon excited about that.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really just asked them (one in person and the other on Skype or Messenger, I can't remember).

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my girls were far away so I just sent a text. Had they been local I would have probably just set up a dinner and asked them. I don't see the point in elaborate "proposals" as weddings cost enough already.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was too new to the wedding stuff so I didn't have gifts or make an awesome proposal. I didn't think of needing bridesmaids originally.
    Do my sister brought it up saying " let me know if you need bridedmaids". Then short after that I assigned it to my 2 sisters and my best friend. Just texted to ask them.
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn't. My MOH appointed herself. 😂😂
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked my Girls with homemade gifts. I have 6 Girls and I'd guess I spent a good 3-4 hours on each Girl. I made cards with fancy dresses on the them. My Mom and I found "will you be my bridesmaid " scratch cards so I scratched them so on the front of the card I punched a circle with them. So the front was the dress I made & I popped up the circle that said will you be my bridesmaid. I also included a scratch in their cards. $1.99 at Party city 4 scratch cards. Then I made a tribe of stand up dresses that have a square center. On the back I put a button that said Bridrsmaid that they can wear at a Shower or Jack and Jill. inside the doll I put infinity toe rings 4 the bridesmaids. I put infinity anklets for my 2 Matron of Honours. The reaction I got was well worth every moment I spent on everything.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have much to spend for giving proposal boxes. Just straight to the point and asked them in person.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have asked them all just to see what they would say but I am making official proposal boxes with a "squad" hat, candle, and bracelet. When talking it was mostly like how you would talk to your FH about the idea of marrying each other before one of you proposes.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We texted them lol most of them already knew they would be but just making it official. But I also gave my girls "proposal boxes" just a little small box with a twisted shot, wine bottle tag, and chocolate.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personalized stemless wine glasses (girls) and scotch glasses (guys). With little cards inside. We made them for the MOB, MOG, FOB, and FOG too. And Bride & Groom!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A few u asked drunk at parties hahah! Or we had discussed it before I got engaged! Honestly I think 4/5 of then knew they would be on my team even before I was engaged!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I literally just asked them, I didn’t want them to feel pressured to take it on if they didn’t want too
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry I've been trying to attach photos but they don't seem to be uploading
  • Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We asked face to face with our DIY proposal boxes. We enjoyed putting them together and seeing the reactions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics