Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Wedding Party Gift Feedback

Kelly, on July 10, 2019 at 17:18 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

I'm crossing some things off of the to do list, and one of those things is the gifts for the wedding party.

I got all the girls these Kate Spade earrings to wear on the day, and then I also got them all a pashmina wrap in case it gets cold (from etsy. very reasonably priced!).

Wedding Party Gift Feedback 1

Wanted to add a couple other things. I'm obsessed with BKR water bottles, and they have these tiny ones that come with the lip balm that I thought would be cute (and a reminder to stay hydrated haha)

Wedding Party Gift Feedback 2And I thought maybe something small, like these bath salts (to soak in after a night of dancing).

Wedding Party Gift Feedback 3

So I think that's the girls covered. Do you think its too much? Too little? Is it a good variety of things (stuff to wear on the day, but also stuff to use after)?

Okay....now for the guys. Why are guys so difficult to buy for? We were going to get them ties, and fun socks. All of that seems pretty typical. Wanted to add something else that's fun, more for them, less for the wedding?

Also, suggestions on where to get fun socks very welcome. We have a marvel nerd, a sports fan, and a music lover.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 19, 2019 at 13:21
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is great! I would love every single one of those gifts. Check amazon for fun socks

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's good!! You have a great variety of gifts in there - from things to wear/use day of to things to wear/use after! Just make sure the girls all have pierced ears to wear the earrings - my MOH does not so that ruled out earring for her!

I'm getting my girls:

- super fun/large tote bags for them to haul their stuff from their rooms to the bridal suite for getting ready - can also be used after.
    - Fuzzy socks that can be worn day of getting ready or afterwards
    - Compact mirrors for a photo-op and use after
    - Silver knot bracelets with their initial to wear the day of.

Guys are super hard to buy for!! We're getting matching cuff-links/tie clips for them, and a engraved, frosted glass (with their name) - you could do something similar for your "more for them, less for the wedding" gift. I'm also trying to think of something else - maybe sunglasses in teal with their name/wedding date but most guy gifts I find are stuff with their name on it.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think these gifts would be amazing! If its within your budget I would say go for it. I would personally love to receive these gifts!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Girls - as long as it adds up to whatever budget you had I think it's great Smiley smile Oh, and as long as they all have their ears pierced!

Guys - the guys in our wedding party let us know they would be fine with booze even 😂 I think you should be fine with snazzy socks and perhaps a flask or something. As to where to buy them I would try going to Spencers.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing gifts for the girls! well done!

For the guys... they're tough! do they drink? maybe a nice bottle of their favourite spirit? a personalized flask? cigars and maybe a humidor? or how about a swiss army type utility tool? guys love gadgets!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think those are awesome gifts for the girls! I'd be stoked to receive any of those. I'm struggling with ideas for the guys too though - I find they're all the same monogrammed kindof useless things.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The idea of the earrings and water bottles w/lip balm is good enough since they will use it more than the other items in my opinion. The earring are being worn so that is thoughtful of you to give them.

The guys can wear a tie and square that is given to them for the day and a beer holder with their name on it. The idea of it being useful at home when they have their buddies/family over.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow great thoughtful gifts for the girls! Love it! I don’t think it’s too over the top at all
    As for the guys and socks, check out Spencer’s or Hot Topic. They have a ton of those fun things.
    A lot of people do experiences, a guys outing, sports game, concert
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow!! I think that is an amazing gift for the girls!! You went all out!

For the boys, maybe get them something personal? A comic for the marvel fan? A jersey or memorabilia for the sports fan? (Or tickets to a game if they’re cheap) and maybe tickets to a concert for the music lover?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics