Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rebecca
Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador

Wedding outfits

Rebecca, on July 21, 2023 at 11:30 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Okay so we’re 77 days out from the wedding what type of outfits is everyone wearing like how many do I need for wedding activities versus like what wedding activities are you guys doing? I am at a loss here and I just wanna make sure that I have enough white because White is not a colour I wear

10 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on July 27, 2023 at 15:18
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are only having a bridal shower at a spa with my wedding party and the wedding so maybe a white t-shirt that says "bride" and my wedding dress. I prefer to spend the time, effort and money on fun clothing for our carribean honeymoon.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depends on your events you are having. But you also don't have to do all white. My friend did a dusty pink for her bridal shower, white for her bachelorette, white PJ's for the morning of the wedding, White jumpsuit for the next day. A white dress for the rehearsal.

• Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay so we are way less structured over here 😂😂

I think I’ll need maybe two or three 1. Bachelorette 2. Rehearsal 3. Spare dress because I clumsy
    Maybe 🤔 we got engaged like ten years ago so we didn’t have all the other parties pre wedding but this is helpful
  • Samantha
    Newbie August 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here are my events, I'm more than a year out.

1. bridal shower

2. bachelorette (diff outfit each day - approx. 4 days but will rewear some between day & night)

3. Rehersal day (just rewear something like from your bridal shower or another event)

4. Chinese tea ceremony (exception we wear red for this)

5. Traditional wedding ceremony

6. Wedding reception (another one for when the dance floor opens into a shorter comfier white dress)

Total I will probably have:

1. THE wedding dress (1 for ceremony and beginning of reception)

2. Dress for bridal shower & rehersal (1)

3. casual white outfits & club dresses for bachelorette (probably 6 outfits/dresses minimum)

4. reception dancing dress (1)

Leaving me with 3 formal dresses, and 4 everyday casual outfits & 2 clubbing dress

• Mila
    Featured October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have outfits planned for the rehearsal, wedding day, day after picnic, the day we travel for our honeymoon (sweaters), plus one on the honeymoon.
  • Jackie
    Featured September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom is throwing a bridal shower, my gfs are throwing a bachelorette, and then there is the big day. So I bought a white sundress with lilac accents for the shower (it’s garden party themed), will be wearing either a white mini dress or white body suit with shorts for the bachelorette, and I have my fancy ceremony wedding dress and then the much cheaper “I’m probably going to spill red wine on myself” reception dress to wear for dinner and dance.
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far I have worn 1 white dress for the engagement party. Since I am 28 days away I have 4 outfits just incase!

I have a white dress for my bachelorette next weekend, I am wearing a baby blue dress for my bridal shower (I wanted it as my something blue), I have a white sparkly dress to change into for the reception (if I wanted to - I am leaning towards no and staying in my dress) and then since I am doing brunch the morning after the wedding I have a nice white dress for that!

It really depends on if you are doing the whole thing, like bachelorette party, bridal shower, if you want to change into a reception dress and brunch then next morning you can totally have different outfits, but you can also always recycle some outfits.

• Kate
    Beginner September 2023 Alberta
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a floral midi dress for my bridal shower - I also don't wear a lot of white. For the bachelorette party, I will be wearing black Smiley smile Wear what you feel most comfortable in

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wore a navy blue and white dress for my bridal shower and a white "bride" tank top with white shorts for my Bachelorette party weekend! We had gone to the stampede last year and went to 4 concerts
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have any planned events like bachelorette party? jack n jill?

I had 3 outfits technically, 1 white dress to wear our with my girlfriends the week before to dinner, 1 white jumper to wear the morning of and then my wedding dress. I technically did not have to wear white at all lol but the week leading up to the wedding I just had fun with it and wore lots of white : ) got me more excited for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics