Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samtam
VIP November 2016 British Columbia

Wedding nightmares?

Samtam, on November 7, 2016 at 18:00 Posted in Before the wedding 0 18

Has anyone started having dreams about the wedding yet?

I've had a few. In one, everyone left really early and I realized after they all left that we hadn't done our first dances or cut the cake or anything! Also, there was something about how I sat my mom at a table that was too close to the DJ speakers so it was too loud. I had another one last week and we were running behind for the ceremony and I realized that my hair and makeup people never showed up and that I'd forgotten to put the lace on my shoes and do a million other things!

My fiance actually had a couple wedding dreams too! He dreamt that he forgot his vows so he was trying to decide if he had time to go back and get them or if he should just try and do something on the fly. He woke up and went back to sleep and then in this dream because he was so worried about forgetting his vows, he just started into them as soon as I walked down the aisle! Later in the dream, he was talking to his brother at the reception and was like "the ceremony seemed really short" and his brother was like "yeah that's because you blurted out your vows right away so they had to skip all the stuff the officiant was going to say!" I think the dream tramautized him enough that he won't be doing that on the day of the wedding. Smiley winking

18 Comments

Latest activity by Linzer, on February 26, 2017 at 08:33
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow what an older thread...but yes!
    I dreamt I was getting married like....now. My dress was too big, I had to use wilted flowers from our apartment, I didn't have my hair or makeup done and the ceremony was happening in an old lady's parlor room. No clue if I was even marrying Miran, it was just a hot mess.
  • Katherine
    Frequent user August 2017 Quebec
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They just started this week.The worst was that I dreamt it was a week before the wedding and I forgot to mail the invitations so my fiancé and I drove around trying to find our friends to hand deliver them.The worst part of that is that I'm a graphic designer so I'm making my own invitations. What kind of idiot forgets to mail the invitations she spent days making herself?! Still six months away from the wedding, hopefully I actually remember to mail them in real life 🙄
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OH no!!! It haunts us after the party too?! :o

Yeah, not sure what safe guards to put in place, but I will be sure not to wander away. At lest I can rest assured know its a pretty normal sort of dream

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha and so it begins! Mine always seemed to have a theme of guests leaving early too. I actually had a couple dreams this past weekend even though the wedding has passed! Guess I still need to work some stuff out of my system. Smiley xd

At least now you can prepare so you won't get "lost" after cake cutting! Smiley winking

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just had my first "big nightmare" LOL

Last night I dreamed that my new husband and I got "lost" after cutting the cake (no idea how, just go with it) and when we found our way back there were only three people at the wedding. everyone had left. For some reason we had cut the cake before anything else....there was an old flame wedding crashing in the mis there, but I'm foggy on the details.

I woke up in quite the panic!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hope something helps- being tired is the worst.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have done the melatonin , not working .... I picked up some tea that is suppose to help so I am hoping to try that out tonight ... I am also going to make a to do list for the wedding so I can have everything written down it might help! thanks for the advice !

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sometimes take a melatonin before bed- it is the sleep chemical our bodies make. Just one tiny pill is enough (5mg I believe) , dissolve under tounge and feel sleepy in about 20 miutes! Make sure you ahve time for a full 6 hours sleep though- it does warn that it might not wear off before then. ALSO don't take too often, or your body will slow down production naturally- and that would be worse!

Other than that, the classics- write down what you are worried about, warm bath, Make a to-do list, herbal tea before bed, lavender oil, backrub from hubby-to-be???

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have had quiet a few and honestly havent been sleeping the greatest.. I think its because I have alot on my mind ... anyone have any suggestions on remedies to help me sleep a little sounder at night ... I still have a ways to go before my big day and the sleepless restless nights have already started Smiley xd

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha thanks ladies! I'm excited to share a BAM!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's all riding on you Samtam!!!! (no pressure Smiley winking )

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We need someone to start the BAMs!! I can't wait to see one from Samtam- the first in our community! Don't let us down girl!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Deep Cove does look beautiful! I love BC so much, easily on one the top 3 most beautiful provinces!

Sounds like a good plan- I hope they let you in on Friday- it would make Saturday a bit stressful! fingers crossed! Can you get Pudry's where you live? I think the bachelorette and bachelor parties together are a nice idea - I don't really understand the seperate ones celebrating being single. Just me though.

You have you plan! It will be great for you- and in the end you are gonna be all married and stuff Smiley love

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've had a few, but absolutely can't remember anything about them... but I know they'll come.

I know your wedding will be perfect though! I can't even wait to see your BAM (not that you see many on the Canadian side of WW... but I think we need to make it a thing!!)

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw thank you! I'm hoping that we can set up the reception decorations the night before the wedding but otherwise we will have to do it the morning of! I'm waiting to hear back on when we'll be able to have access. We'll set up the ceremony decorations at rehearsal. My plan for tomorrow after we arrive is to pick up our rental car, pick up our marriage license, stop by Purdy's if we have time to stock up on chocolate (seriously the best chocolate in the world) and assemble our welcome bags. We're doing our joint bachelor/bachelorette parties on Thurs night. I'm hoping that we'll have some time to hang out on Friday once everyone else arrives. I want to have breakfast with our fam and wedding party in Deep Cove so that they can see it. My aunt lives right by there and it's a gorgeous area that Collin and I always visit whenever we go up to Van. http://www.deepcovebc.com/

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm excited for you and I'm half a country away!

Will your venue let you drop things off or do any set up the day before? Are you doing a little visiting around the city for the next few days or just relaxing? Fall hike on the island anyone?

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I know I had more dreams but I can't remember them at the moment. Thanks for the words of encouragement! I think we're ready to go! We're pretty much packed and have a few things left to do but we can finish them up in Canada. My mom and MOH arrived safely yesterday with all of our decorations. I just want to get up there!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh gosh- I those dreams haven't started yet- but I'm sure they will!

keep your to do lists handy and give your teams tasks- you'll be totally ok in real life Smiley smile

All set to head north tomorrow?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics