Skip to main content
Natasha
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Wedding makeup and hair service in Toronto?

Natasha, on November 5, 2018 at 09:37 Posted in Ontario 0 9
Saved
Hi ladies, I have been looking around for hair and makeup in Toronto/Vaughan? The prices for bridesmaid makeup on average is $80-90 and about the same for hair. Can you ladies share your prices and if this seems steep? I’m really particular about my makeup and I’m getting quoted $140. Seems hugher than I want to spend but is it worth it? Bridal trial is $95.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kait, on December 19, 2018 at 23:36
  • Kait
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute

That's normal as I'm being priced $90-$100 for bridal hair and bridal makeup is $120 ($10+ for lashes)

• Dianie
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Dianie ·
    • Dispute

Check out msphilly21 on IG, she comes highly recommended. I'm still narrowing down my search on hairstylists.

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute

Sounds about what I booked mine for!

• Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute

Go on Kjiji. No really, I know it sounds cheap but there are a TON of makeup artists posting there for professional mobile services. It may take some time to sift through their pictures, but I've already found a few who could definitely give me the look I want without breaking the budget.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute

I'm getting very similar quotes as well :/ not ideal, but today a friend suggested I try contacting aesthetic colleges. Some of those students are amazing, and most have instagram portfolios already, so I am definitely going to look into that as well.

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    It sounds about right. I was looking at bridal hair and makeup, and the artists I wanted to book were charging an arm and a leg. $300 alone for makeup and additional for hair styling, and again, additional for trial. $120-$150 per bridesmaid is reasonable, and up to $200-$300 for bride is average as well.
  • Emily
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    That sounds pretty normal for the area you’re looking in. I would agree that $150 for both hair and makeup is the minimum, unless you find a talented individual just starting out and looking to build their portfolio
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    Seems a bit high to me... I did a reach out for a makeup AND hair Stylist on the gta wedding Facebook group and I was getting 125 for makeup and hair for the girls and about 160-175 for hair and makeup for myself! The max I saw was 150 for hair and makeup for the girls and 200 for me!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute

I was just at a bridal show yesterday and the "Bridal Hair with Trial" (no make-up) was $150... I think make-up with a trial would be at least that.

I figure it's kind of "you get what you pay for"... and I think your make-up on your wedding day, you definitely should do a trial, and anything in the vicinity of $120-160 is probably the norm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics