Skip to main content
Melissa
Beginner August 2017 Alberta

Wedding love knot vs unity candle

Melissa, on July 11, 2017 at 16:04 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4
Saved
Hey! Has anyone done the wedding "love" knot tying instead of a unity candle? I love the idea, but not sure where to look! We aren't super religious, so we thought this would be a nice alternative.

thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on July 15, 2017 at 03:20
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    We are doing a unity candle as lots of candles need to be lit anyways so I thought it was a nice touch. We are also doing a love knot as it is a part of a marriage/handfasting ceremony of my faith. For me there are 5 cords that get draped across the joined hands with accompanying vows and at the end all 5 get tied around the hands together. It is representative of the binding of 2 souls into one
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute

I haven't seen the knot in person so I don't know. Is your officiant familiar with it? We were going to do anything but we decided to write the love letter and put in a box thing too. I think it's cute.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute

Hi Melissa, I think it's a nice idea? How is the rest of the planning going? How many months until the big day? Do We Have to Throw an After-Party? Smiley heart

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    I haven't.. I don't even know if we're doing a unity candle... we're doing a rose ceremony where we give each other a rose and tell each other we'll use this as a reminder of our commitment to each other on bad days or if we just want to show extra love. Well give a rose in tough times or loving times. And we're writing letters we open in ten years with a bottle of wine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics