Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Frequent user August 2018 Ontario

Wedding is growing

Laura, on July 29, 2017 at 08:53 Posted in Wedding reception 0 5
Ok, so I'm in a dilemma. Originally we were going to do a small wedding with immediate family, now my FH wants to do a big one. I don't mind the big wedding however I don't want a big wedding party. We were just going to have a MOH and BM but I really don't want anymore. Is it weird to have a large wedding reception (350 people) without a wedding party? My wedding is in April so to put together a bridal party with getting dresses and such may be tight.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sonja, on August 1, 2017 at 20:55
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great! Isn't it nice when we can ask for other people's perspectives on a question that's plaguing us? All the best with your arrangements. (P.S. I think smaller is better anyway.)

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sonja! After discussion we are going to go smaller (for an Italian wedding) at 180 people so I get to keep my smaller wedding party!! Smiley laugh
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! You're inviting 350 guests? That's a huge wedding. Now back to your question; You can do whatever you like for your wedding but with a guest list like that, I think you need to balance it with a bridal party of the same magnitude. You've decided to do it big, so go all the way. I would suggest that you at least include both your sisters in the wedding party.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks! The shower would be my mom, my Sister and my MOH who is also my sister. It would actually be the same amount of people helping as when my sister got married lol
  • Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think it's weird for that large a party specifically since MOH duties don't really change depending on the size.
    Who's doing your showers though? Even if you don't invite every single woman invited, that's still a lot of people! It might be a lot for your MOH to do on her own. I was going to only have a MOH as well until my mom pointed that out to me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics