Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kadi
Curious August 2021 Alberta

Wedding invites??!?

Kadi, on March 11, 2020 at 20:57 Posted in Before the wedding 0 34
Hey brides. Where did everyone get there wedding invitation? Is it cheep and easy to make your own? I'll be sending mine out soon and I have no idea what to do. Any advice will help. Thank you. 😘

34 Comments

Latest activity by Linttvar, on March 30, 2020 at 04:09
  • Linttvar
    Newbie March 2021 British Columbia
    Linttvar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am still a ways out from making my invites, so I don’t have a guaranteed plan yet, but I think I will most likely either be using a template or designing my own. I have a bit of experience with InDesign, so I was planning on using that. But we have a very rustic-themed wedding, so I will be making lace-look and kraft paper invitations like https://onplanners.com/invitations/rustic-wedding So plain graphics/text is all I will need to go with the simpler design.

• Sarah
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am making my own, i have basis photoshop skills and just gonna print them on thicker paper that can go through a regular printer.
    Basis card stock comes in a few colours and adding a ribbon or band around them makes it look fancy. Also you can find free templates
    Also downloading free fonts is really is as well! Literally costs my time and $20 for the pack of paper
  • Asya
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Asya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I worked with Arya Invitations. My family is in love with my invitations! they gave me a good service as well. Great quality and service!

• Cara
    Beginner December 2020 Ontario
    Cara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vistaprint!

Can be a pain to use if you have a design background because they don’t have a lot of great customizable options. Although, so many discounts!!! Got ours for 50% off randomly a couple weeks ago. Great quality.
  • Megan
    Beginner September 2022 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to use VistaPrint. They have discounts all the time and they’re really good quality. It’s great! Luckily we are able to wait until the have a 50% off sale on like Boxing Day or something, but right now they have 30% off I’m pretty sure.
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did Vista Print as well. They arrived last week and I LOVE them.

• Shanabri
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Shanabri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    VISTAPRINT ALL THE WAY!!!
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Kadi! I used Zazzle for my bridal shower invites, our wedding invites, our RSVP cards, our details cards, envelopes, and belly bands (the belly bands hold all the pieces of card stock together for aesthetics). The website always goes 50% off!
  • Courtney
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered beautiful Save the Dates from Vistaprint saying please RSVP on our wedding website. and then I sent out e-invitations from this website...so then at least everyone has a keepsake of some sort.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did our save the dates with vistaprint when they had 60% off!!!

• Kate-Lynn
    Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I waited till vistaprint had 50% off. They turned out amazing.
  • Megan
    Beginner September 2022 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to wait until a deal goes on at Vistaprint. We have looked at their current designs and we like them. Definitely check them out!
  • K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used Vistaprint. Highly recommend. They always have great 50% off deals and such
  • Symone
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They have them from staples and michaels! Quite reasonable too, but vista print also has food sales on too!

My grandma got our from the states for super cheap!
    2.99 a box which included the vellum, card stock and ribbons (for 50) and we got three boxes
  • Kadi
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Where did you get the box from?
  • Angelica
    Beginner May 2022 British Columbia
    Angelica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I used a design off Etsy first but when I got it printed from vistaptint, the font was super faded. Wanted a Disney theme and found something nice from elegant wedding invites. I found the price not too bad, but also depends on what you want to get.
  • Karina
    Curious May 2021 Alberta
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I used Shutterfly for my invites, and they even had an option on their site to mail them for you if you wanted! I can imagine that it would be a bit pricey, but a convenient service i thought i would share!

• Cyndy
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Cyndy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes go on stsy you can purchase a set of pdf files that you can edit yourself and thay are very pretty. You can have it printed out or print them at home!
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was introduced by a friend of mine (who is getting married the month before me) of a shop on Etsy that has many many choices of templates. Once you have chosen one and purchased it, they send you the template and a link to edit the wording etc. I found this very helpful also when making matching signs for the tables at the wedding. Fairly inexpensive and I printed the finished items at staples - love the paper options. You can upload your own design to their invitation portion of their website and they will provide the envelopes.

In case anyone is interested, the shop on Etsy is called "FabledWeddings". They also have different options of sets. The owner of the shop is super friendly (she even changed the colour of mine because I wanted the template but not in the colour shown). So if you see something that you like but you don't need all in the set or want something a little different - she is so accommodating!

• Symone
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding invites??!? 1
    Here’s our homemade invitations this far!
  • Symone
    Symone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually started to make my
    Own last night! It is a ready box and we just needed to print out the inserts! It took us about 2 hours last night to get inserts made and punch out designs in the vellum!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We used Stephita Invitations in Markham! I needed to use them in a pinch and they were fantastic! They had my order done on a rush basis without any errors.

I even got thank you tags thrown in!
  • Stephanie
    Curious July 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I designed my own and printed them through Vistaprint. If you have the time, wait until they have a sale, which happens fairly often. You can get a really good deal on invite or what I ended up doing was ordering their Postcards . Depending on what size/style of invites you want their postcards end up being cheaper and they quality was great. Only downside is your limited on the quantities you can order. I ended up having to order 100 even though I only needed about 70. For me it ended up being cheaper than ordering 70 invitations.

• Emily
    Expert September 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I designed my own and am having them printed at staples - when I compared costs it was cheaper for me this way instead of getting the whole invitation through somewhere like vistaprint.ca because I have my outer shell (cutting myself), then my invites, then 3 inserts! So it was cheaper for me to design a day out when I could have multiple to one page and then staples will print it on nice linen card stock and they’ll cut them! Then I just assemble 😊
  • Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got ours from Polka Dot Paper Shop in Mississauga! Absolutely lovely team and they do such an excellent job for such an affordable price.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine from minted, they're absolutely beautiful and I'm getting compliments on them from everyone who has received them already

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Vistaprint has some beautiful choices. They're very customizable so you can change colors and fonts to suit your style. They have sales often so sign up for their emails and see what you can save.

They also have a great customer service team that will usually replace invites if they aren't what you expected or arrive damaged.
    A friend offered to design ours then we will use an invitation site like Vistaprint or Minted to print them and pick envelopes that coordinate and all that fun stuff.
  • C
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered mine from staples. I only needed 50 and it cost about $50. They had some nice choices
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Online is free so you can’t beat that! I honestly ordered 100 invites off vista print with a code for like 50 bucks and then ordered some colored envelopes from amazon for less than 20! I spent more on the stamps! Ha super easy! I did address them myself with a nice gold pen but you can print them at home if you have a decent printer and what something a little fancier.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh geez that's crazy. I would keep trying. Minted also has samples they can send you. They are also nice but I found them to be more expensive.
  • Kadi
    Kadi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I sis order the sample pack. Twice. And never received it
    Called then to say and they're sold out and I'll get mine when they have more in stalk ,😵
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you order the sample pack from vistaprint you can get a 50% code. I'll be getting mine from there. I don't want to pay a lot of money for something everyone will just throw out. They have a good selection.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics