Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Beginner April 2022 Ontario

Wedding Invitation rsvp Card - Unknown Guest

Jessica, on February 12, 2022 at 22:43 Posted in Before the wedding 0 7
We’re in the part of the planning process where we’re almost at the deadline for guests to respond with their RSVP card. My fiancé and I received an RSVP card back with a name on it of someone who wasn’t invited to the wedding!
We’ve asked our families and friends and no one seems to know who this person is. Strange, right? I’ve even gone so far as to Google search the name and see if I could track down someone associated with it and we couldn’t find anything!
I suppose the only thing we can do is find out if any of our guests didn’t receive their invitation in the mail and it accidentally got into the hands of someone else. But if it did, why would they reply back indicating they are attending?! 😭
Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation where they receive a card back with someone other than their intended guests name?! Or am I the only one 😅

7 Comments

Latest activity by KELLY, on February 17, 2022 at 15:23
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is crazy! Have you looked on social media to see if there are any connections to friends that are invited (ie: mutual friends)?

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And this is why I used online RSVPs. Names of all invitees are locked in so random people can't just RSVP themselves.

Does this RSVP indicate a plus one, or is it a solo?

I would call your remaining guests who haven't sent in their reservations to see if they received theirs.

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As Amanda said that's really strange. Was contact information included with the rsvp?
    If it were me I would (or have someone else) contact this person and try to figure out what happened.

Is it maybe the +1 of someone who didn't think to put their partner's name?

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If they do show up, I would defiantly get someone to confront them because that is totally wrong on so many levels!

• Jessica
    Beginner April 2022 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It really is crazy! We don’t know what to do, I guess we’ll just wait and see if this person actually shows up?! Trying not to stress too much about it 😢
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WHAT??? Someone got ahold of your invites that wasn't on the list and said that they would be coming?? OMG that's crazy!!! Who would do something like that!?!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics