Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Wedding Insurance

Tiara, on June 13, 2020 at 13:12 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hey everyone!

Our venue requires us to get insurance (which I was thinking of anyway) but the majority of insurance companies I’m looking at don’t cover and covid-related issues.
We’re booking our wedding for October 2021 and are hoping that COVID will become less of an impact by then. But of course, we’re still concerned. Does anyone have any insurance company recommendations?
Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Clare, on August 18, 2020 at 00:35
  • Clare
    Newbie July 2021 British Columbia
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the info! I’d already looked into PAL and they do not cover any cancellations or reimbursements that are a result of covid. Hopefully someone else can offer some more suggestions.
  • T
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Tiara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi,

COVID-wise it seems that it’s up in the air. A lot of companies are saying that it’s a “known” factor at the time of getting insurance and making bookings so it wouldn’t be covered. A lot of venues and vendors allow you to move dates without forfeiting the deposit, so hopefully for next year they’ll stick to the same thing if it gets bad again.
    In regards to insurance companies, I was referred to PALcanada.com. They have certain packages and luckily one covers what my venue required. But you can only do it a year in advance so I still have to wait a bit. Hope this helped!
  • Clare
    Newbie July 2021 British Columbia
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Tiara! It looks like you didn't get any helpful advice in this forum but I'm curious if you were able to find information elsewhere?

We're planning our big day July 2021 and, like you, I'm not optimistic that it's actually going to happen. Officials are starting to come out and say we're probably going to be social distancing and wearing masks for the next few years regardless of a vaccine as the vaccine own't be available widespread for quite some time.

I'm not finding much information on whether the insurance companies I've come across cover Covid or not.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Tiara! If you're still considering wedding insurance you might like reading our article on Everything You Need to Know About Wedding Insurance. It has recommendations and expert tips to consider. I hope it helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics