Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie March 2018 British Columbia

Wedding Insurance

Charmaine, on February 13, 2018 at 17:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

What sort of coverage did people go for? We are hosting a 120 person ceremony and reception at Heritage Hall in Vancouver. I noticed there's wedding packages and stand alone event insurance with coverage for injuries. Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on August 26, 2019 at 16:23
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didnt get insurance. i dont even know what its for!

• Sondra
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Sondra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I worked a tent wedding on a private property a few years back that had to be evacuated due to a storm. The tent was damaged, the rentals were smashed, an umbrella went through the bride's parents living room window, basically, everything that could have gone wrong did, I was fortunate to have made the decision to pack up my equipment and cut my losses if they decided not to pay me when things started to turn because the couple didn't have insurance and had to pay damages out of pocket for everything. It was devastating. I had never considered the liabilities a couple takes on until that day and I will DEFINITELY be getting the insurance that covers every aspect of my wedding at whatever the cost. I'd rather have it and not need it than not have it and be out thousands of additional dollars to an already expensive day.

• Victoria
    Newbie June 2019 Greater London
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, I remember an interesting case on my wedding. My parents bought us a car and gave it at the wedding as a present, so my husband used the car at the first day, and you know, we got into an accident... It was so pity that the new car was damaged (nothing grave, simply we had to repair it because it wasn't insured), so, then we found a good Car Traders Insurance , and we didn't spend a lot of money on it because it was cheap. And what's about wedding, we didn't even insured our wedding, but after the case with car we started paying attention to accidents that may happen anywhere anytime

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I work in the insurance industry. and I would recommend getting it. Its usually very very affordable. As @AP2017 said. Go through PAL. its affordable (in Ontario, under $250 for 2 million liability). They even offer a complete package that is coverage for wedding day/vendor cancellations etc. to me that's worth it in the slim chance that something could happen.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly only ever thought of wedding insurance to cover me if my vendors cancelled/we had to cancel the wedding. I hadn't even thought what would happen if something happened to a guest of mine at my venue! I feel like most venues would probably have insurance to cover this sort of thing though.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We bought insurance on the recommendation of our venue. I bought it through PAL Canada (who I heard about at a local wedding show) process was simple and online and they had different levels at different costs depending on your needs and budgets. Thankfully we didn't need it, but our venue was very clear that their insurance did NOT cover us if anything should happen to a guest at our wedding, it covered their liability only.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have read up on the insurance, based on the package you pay will cover any returns if you decide to cancel any vendors or even the venue. The company helps you by protecting the legal issues on your end.

I don't know how many couples have actually done it, we didn't go for the extra cost to pay.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics