Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie December 2020 Nigeria

Wedding in December

Sonia, on July 5, 2020 at 10:00 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hi everyone,
I just got engaged to the love of my life, we are planning our wedding for December. We were supposed to go home to Nigeria for the wedding but our parents are scared about the situation and wants us to have the wedding here. The challenge is that we are new in Canada (less than a year) and don’t even know where to start from. I hear wedding in Canada is quite expensive and we just want a good affordable wedding as we are both International students. Please can someone advice us on steps to take. Thank you

4 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on July 7, 2020 at 16:51
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sonia, congratulations on your engagement and welcome to WeddingWire.

In terms of how expensive weddings can be, to be honest that is all up to you and what you want. I'm not familiar with marriage customs from Nigeria but if you let us know what you had in mind, as well as a budget, we would be happy to make some suggestions. I personally live in Toronto and am familiar with the Greater Toronto Area, including Mississauga. I've seen weddings for 50 people here cost anywhere between $1000 - $30000. It's all how you prioritize.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Sonia,
    It depends what you are looking for.. How many guests are you thinking? Will you be married in a church, outside? How many guests are you hoping attend?
    Depending on all of these things I am sure there are many options to help you have a beautiful wedding at lower costs.

• S
    Newbie December 2020 Nigeria
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Genevieve
    Thanks for response, I live in Mississauga, looking to do the wedding around the vicinity, in Guelph, Etobicoke, North York. I am looking a small nice wedding, reception of about 50.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Sonia!
    I’m sorry covid is getting in the way of your original plans. Weddings here can be expensive but there are lots of ways you can save money. Having your wedding in December is good because venues have off-season pricing in the winter. You could find a venue with room for you to have both your ceremony and reception so you’re not paying for two places. I’ve seen where they have the tables on one side and on the other has the chairs set up for the ceremony, then they move the chairs back to the table and the open space becomes the dance floor later.
    I’m not sure where in Ontario you want to get married, but if you’re outside of Toronto, you’ll save quite a bit of money without everything really. Are you planning on a larger wedding or would you have a small wedding/elopement now and have a big wedding in Nigeria later?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics