Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sam
Newbie August 2024 Alberta

Wedding Idea ("garter" tradition, modernized)

Sam, on December 5, 2020 at 19:13 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9
So I am marrying the son of a tattoo artist and multiple family members are artists including myself and had a thought that instead of just doing a garter removal on the wedding day from the bride, there could be a tattoo given to her and covered with a garter-style cover prior (such as the day before) and the garter cover would be removed on the day of the wedding, being the first time the groom would see it.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on February 10, 2021 at 11:46
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What an incredible idea. You could even just tie a ribbon around your leg over it so when your husband goes for the garter he has something to remove/untie and still have a little fun but a lasting memory and moment Smiley smile

Enjoy. Love this

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks I thought so Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unique concept and something temporary or forever to put where the garter is being removed. The tattoo of it being special or memorable can be nice to do.

• Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think something that very much represented our relationship and in my case particularly his mother is a tattoo artist and designer so I would probably be trusting her to design it with me as she has also known both of us all our lives.
  • Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that is so fun and unique to you guys! Any ideas on what the tattoo would be? Something wedding themed?
  • Sam
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was thinking to get the tattoo where a garter would traditionally cover so it does still have the tradition to it, just with a little something extra that is permanent and commemorative. ☺
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Would the tattoo actually be where a garter traditionally covers or are you using a garter type thingy to cover whatever part you're tattooing yourself on?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics