Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Wedding Games. Yay or Nay?!

Melissa, on January 29, 2019 at 13:58 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

What do you think? Is it too much? Any fun ideas?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 11, 2019 at 23:30
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they can have a place at a wedding, however I don't want them at my wedding.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you like the attention of hundreds of people and/or potentially being embarrassed in front of a large group? If so, then wedding games would be fun (ie. Newlywed/Shoe game). If not (like us!), avoid it hahaha. We want to hit the dance floor ASAP.

I like the idea of the instagram/picture game, where people take pictures of whatever is listed on a sheet and posts them with your wedding hashtag. So you have different perspective of your special night.

I think having cards or board games close, is a great idea for people who might not want to dance, party too hard, or take a break from partying hard! We might ask our friends/families to bring games, since we won't fly out with them haha.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We will do the same if we do the shoe game! I’m worried about people clinking glasses/visiting during dinner. I’m hoping people will want to eat during dinner too and visit amongst their table.
    We will be apart of the end of our cocktail hour so we can do some visiting then!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think they are a great idea, not everyone likes to dance and it adds an extra bit of fun. We are doing the shoe game (without shoes) as well as having some sort of games like jenga or something.

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Make sure you eat, it's your day. Everything can wait. I'm planning to do the shoe game (or any games) after dinner. My guests will arrive at 5pm, short 20 minute ceremony. Some pictures/cocktail hour/hor'deurves(sp?). Followed by dinner and dancing/games. Let the fun begin!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The more I see people talking about it, the more I want to put a deck of cards at every table for those who don't dance - just got to make sure the music isn't too loud so people can hear their own card games.

I'm on the fence about the shoe game, for whatever reason lol. It won't take long to do (5-10 minutes) and it kind of is a good segway into speeches. I also just want to make sure I get to eat dinner - everyone me and my FH talk to says that you'll have zero time to eat Smiley amazing

• Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Tori! I am super excited! Smiley love

I like the idea of having games, I want my people interacting with everyone!

If you're not dancing I want you having fun in some other way!

I think the table games are a neat idea for those not dancing.

I am trying to think of games we all play together!

We are definitely having the shoe game.

What about games that can win prizes... thought that would be neat too!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like them! I much rather play games or watch the shoe game over having a photo booth or something else!

One thing I will do at my wedding social and most likely wedding is just have a deck of cards at every table for people!

I think that the jumbo jenga is over done but.. still fun Smiley tongue

Then there is boccie ball, x's and o's, corn hole, trio toss, ring toss, beer pong, etc.

For inside games I like the idea of game boards if you can get your hands on enough of them!

P.S. Congrats on the engagement!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics