Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Curious April 2022 Ontario

Wedding flowers

Megan, on September 28, 2020 at 18:43 Posted in Ontario 0 14
Hi everyone!

Can someone tell me roughly what the average prices are in Ontario for wedding flowers? I am only looking at purchasing bouquets (mine and my 3 bridesmaids). I just got my first quote from a flower shop and they quoted me $700 which I feel is quite steep considering I told her I liked very minimal, was on a budget, and only needed the 4 bouquets. But now I’m just scared that this is the usual pricing?? If someone could tell me what is the norm that’d be great! Or even if you have any ideas on how I could do flowers on a budget without having to use artificial (I’m not against it just hoped to have real).

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on October 15, 2020 at 13:34
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bouquets can be pricey and shop around to compare florists. As an alternative, you can find deals on amazon for less than the quote given. Give it a try if you find the pricing is not in your budget.

• Mais
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She truly was amazing! My tent looked so beautiful and elegant with her floral touch!!
  • First
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    First ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just saw that someone else recommended Sima and I can’t agree more. I’ve hired her for my wedding and she is the best! During quotations she was able to provide me with a range of options that fit my vision at different price points. Her prices were totally fair, and she does incredible work.
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I asked for quite minimal and flowers that are in season at the time. Definitely gonna keep shopping for quotes. But I am going to Costco this weekend to look at their flowers too! Yeah anything with “wedding” in front seems to up the bill!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m heading there this weekend to check their flowers out as I’ve heard from a few people they have some good flowers for affordable prices. Thank you!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow those are gorgeous! Thank you for all of the info!!
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it would depend on what type of flowers, if they're in season, etc etc.. But from what I've seen bride bouquet around $150-$200 and bridesmaids between $75-$150.

I'd continue to get more quotes!

I've also seen people use Costco to order bulk real flowers and create their own, you could also try looking online for ordering real flowers.

The minute you say it's for a wedding the price jumps like 10%..

• J
    Beginner July 2022 Nova Scotia
    James ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not there yet on my planning but a friend recommended Costco. They got all their flowers there for around $500
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah she did write down what each bouquet had in it so I could ask her to take a lot of it out. But I had asked for minimal at my consultation with her.
  • Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And she is in Durham
  • L
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Lexi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Who was your florist? I’m looking in the Durham region yours sounds great!
  • Arexy
    Devoted October 2020 Ontario
    Arexy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say for four bouquets that is steep. You should get a few more quotes.
  • Mais
    Mais ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on the flowers! Mine was purple accents and ivory for the bridesmaids. Mine was $190 and the bridesmaids were $85. I highly recommend my florist!Wedding flowers 1

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cost will depend on the species but $700 is a bit steep for four bouquets. Did she break down what flowers are in the bouquets and how big they are?

On average, the bride's bouquet should be between $100-$200 depending on how extravagant you go and the bridesmaids bouquets range from $40-$100. Even on the high end, the four bouquets should not exceed $500. Definitely get some more quotes in your area.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics