Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie May 2021 Alberta

Wedding Flower Selections

Sarah, on April 12, 2021 at 18:43 Posted in Alberta 0 2
I’m getting married on May 22 and still haven’t finalized wedding flowers!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ We’re only doing wedding party bouquets, so nothing crazy, but the flowers would have been finalized 3 weeks ago if my florist hadn’t been nixing all my choices. I’m in rural Alberta, so that may the problem, but I’m absolutely shocked by how limited I am in my choices! My florist had already said I can’t do poppies, peonies, ranunculus, anemone... basically everything I wanted. The list of choices I’ve been given is essentially just roses, carnations, calla lilies, and orchids, which are all flowers I am not crazy about. Anyone else dealing with poor flower choices? Is this an Alberta thing?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on April 16, 2021 at 10:29
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a bummer! Would your florist be open to adding in some faux flowers into your bouquets? Maybe you could do a rose bouquet with some silk peonies and ranunculus tucked in, would you be open to that? Or could your florist get a mix of different types and colors of roses to mix up the look? What inspo photos are you working from?

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this. Are you going with real or artificial flowers? If they are real, then it might be because certain flowers are only in season for only certain times of the year.

My fiance and I are going with artificial flowers from a florist here in Edmonton. Her shop is amazing and pretty much has every flower possible. We were able to get anemone, calla lilies, hydrangeas, leaves and berries for all of our bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres and centerpieces

If you have the chance to head to the city check out her shop. I'm not too sure how busy she is right now. Her shop is called Flower Affairs 10431 51 Ave Edmonton 780-438-3666

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics