Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Curious July 2022 Alberta

Wedding Favours?

Kelsey, on July 10, 2020 at 14:49 Posted in Wedding reception 0 22

Hey all!

My finacee and I have no idea what to do for wedding favours. My sister gave out sunglasses at her wedding, which nobody took. Another friend had little bookmarks printed up, which were more popular but probably a lot of people tossed them when they got home.

We thought about hiring a photobooth, then guests can have their own pictures to take home. This is quite expensive though, and we don't know how many people will actually take photos to make it worth the cost.

We're desperate for ideas! What are you planning? Have you attended a wedding with great favours?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Diana, on September 12, 2020 at 20:44
  • D
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I have chosen to do a bottle of olive oil. We had bottle size options to choose from and are adding a custom sticker label.
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In lieu of favours, we made a donation to our local Humane Society where we bought our first pet together from. They made up personalized table cards/individual cards for all the guests which was all included in the donation amount. The donation amount was any amount of your choosing, which was nice to keep cost down- and the table cards are recyclable, which was great too.

Coolest favours I ever received was magnets and hand sanitizer. Both useful and cute!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sanitizers are super popular right now, I know I’m using them as a favour too! I picked them because I figured they’d be useful and probably more likely to get taken than anything else. Plus like Paige said, we’ll use them if nobody takes them!
  • Brianna
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing small jars of honey harvested from my FH family farm. They are super cute and didn't cost a lot. We were on the fence about doing them at all, and decided we would only do them if we could make it meaningful. This is what we came up with. Jars were only $125 on amazon and I got the tags on Etsy for $30. The honey was free Smiley smile

Wedding Favours? 1

• Sharon
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Sharon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think wedding favours are overrated and who says you have to have them at all? I find no one actually uses them... or even remembers them. I think sticking to a treat that people can eat is always safe though.

As for the photo booth, I'm a bit biased as I own a photo booth company (fotobuth). Photo booths keep your guests entertained (especially for those that don't dance) and your guests get to keep the pictures and put them up on the fridge. The bride and groom also get all the digital copies and can then create a fun wedding album after - memories you just can't capture with a photographer! Watch for discounts and maybe they'll offer a 2 hr package to bring down costs.

• Leah
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A friend of mine had cute little take out containers made up (I don’t think they were too pricey) and massive candy jars with scoops and I loved that idea. Maybe with covid you can prepackage the little take away containers. 😁
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are making shortbread cookies - my moms recipe and one thats infamous in the family. It works for us because every time my fiance and i would meet up (we were semi long distance and still are due to work and school) I would bring him cookies!
  • Alexandra
    Beginner September 2020 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a small backyard ceremony/reception and for sanitization reasons are not doing shared bottles of liquor - just beer, wine (bottles are being placed at tables so only those already in bubbles will touch the same ones) and ciders/coolers. So we had beer koozies made up to give each guest, hopefully they'll take them home at the end of the night!

• Paige
    Curious October 2020 Saskatchewan
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hand sanitizer?? I’ve bought a bunch of those little bottles from bath and body works and I’m hoping my guests will take them but if I end up with a bunch of leftovers I can use them myself!
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like favors often don't end up being worth the money that is spent on them, so I think we are going to do something small & edible - so we still do something but not spending too much money at all! And something that will be 'used' by everyone Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing something on the cheaper side. We made custom bottle openers, that look like keys, so people can add them to their key rings or keep them at home.

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing cookies and like another poster said, will be putting them on everyone's plates. That way they won't forget to take them, and I love when there's a little something to munch on right when you get to your table lol. Personally I think you can't go wrong with anything edible!

We are also doing a Photo Booth. We originally didn't budget for it, but changed our minds after going to a friend's wedding that had one. Everyone LOVED it. We found a company that offered a paperless option. Your guests just put in their email or social media info and get the pictures directly sent to them! It was perfect for us as it was much cheaper (and good for the environment too!)

• Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This year I made my own hand sanitizer & will have little Candy boxes as well. In 2 yrs when we do our vow renewal with everyone we will be having shot glasses, to each their own & if you can't find something there's nothing to say you HAVE to do them.
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing cookies on all the dinner plates with our initals on them in our wedding colors! Figured can’t go wrong with a treat, and hoping they will be remembered since they will be on the plates 🤞🏼
  • Jenny
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in a brewery so we are doing personalized mason jar mugs! It can be fun to be creative and make it work with the style/vibe of your wedding!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I aren't doing favors just because most people forget to take them home at the end of the night and that's just a waste of money

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unless you have some really timid people attending your wedding who will be glued to their tables, a photo booth is almost guaranteed to be a popular choice. Every wedding I've been to where there is a photo booth always had a line.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My sister had the photobooth and so many people had a great time with it. She had a book of pictures made up of all the guests from it as well. I ended up winning a photobooth from a wedding show and we are gojng to have a candy bar as well. I bought the jars on marketplace and I figure any extra candy will be eaten eventually lol.
  • Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were doing soaps from a local vendor that we absolutely love and have been buying from for almost 3 years (Thinking a lilac one and a tabacoo leaf one which is really nice). Also making our own bath salts for each household just labeling "The Ross Blend" with our wedding date. Things that are useful! (And if people dont take them then thats extra soap and bath salts for me and FH hehe)

• L
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing Hershey kisses in organza bags with a little note that says “hugs and kisses from the new mr and mrs”. That way if we have leftovers we can freeze the chocolate for Christmas baking or something!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, with the weddings I went to, nobody took the favours home except for my family and a few other people. I’m trying to convince my FW that we should do a donation in lieu of favours but she still likes the idea of something tangible.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly usually don't notice favours or I forget about them completely when I leave. The best favours I've seen were small potted plants. They were used as the centrepieces and the bride/groom just told everyone to take them home. People were leaving with armfuls 😂

An alternative to a photo booth would be to purchase one or two instant cameras and maybe make your own backdrop. You can ask guests to leave a photo and take a photo so you'll both have a memory of them being at the wedding. After the wedding you could probably even sell the cameras on facebook marketplace or something like that to recoup some of the cost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics