Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sherisse
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Wedding Favours

Sherisse, on April 21, 2019 at 11:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15
Hey brides Smiley smile anyone have ideas about wedding favours? What are you guys doing for your wedding? I think my fiancee and I have settled on caramel/candy apples. We are just trying to figure out how to keep them from melting lol its a summer wedding.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Hélène, on April 27, 2019 at 19:58
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will for sure!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh please share a pic when one is done. How memorable for your guests, a handmade favour, very nice.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were going to do something edible but we wanted to get them ordered and out of the way so we decided on small little vanilla candles.

We figured that if some get left behind then we could always use them ourselves so it wouldn't be such a waste and lots of people like candles.

• Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is basically what we are doing - little tubes of honey. The reason we chose this is because our dog's name is Honey. We wanted to incorporate her a little bit.Wedding Favours 1

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted to do tea/coffee ...but I’m having a hard time finding some! Might have to DIY for the first time!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOVE Edible favors so good. Candy Apples will be delicious. Our plan is to have mini pumpkin pie tarts for our favors, since our wedding is Thanksgiving Sunday and our venue is not flexible on their menu, and I can't have Thanksgiving without my pumpkin pie!

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I decided to forgo having favours because majority of the weddings we've been to, about 70% of the favours aren't taken home. So we just decided to go with a photo-booth. That way guests can take a photo as a momento and the printout has our names and the date of our wedding.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I considered DIY-ing fall-scented candles but it seemed like a big messy job, so I'm now doing little containers of tea and coffee. The jars were just delivered over the weekend and they're so cute!

I'd keep them refrigerated until the last minute, then move them to some kind of cooler with ice in it. I'd also wrap them in cellophane or something to prevent dripping.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided juuuuust yet, but we will go with the cheapest option Smiley tongue

Do you by chance have a fridge you can keep them in until closer to the end of the night? Other than that I would say that if you put them out after supper then it's up to the guests to eat fast!!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Could you put them on an ice bed? or if you could keep them in a fridge near by until they need to be put out. does your venue have a/c? If does, they should be fine.

We are still deciding on this!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did homemade wine! It was so much fun! I love the edible favours I think they are always the best received so the candy apple idea I think it great!

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé does stained glass. We were going to have our wedding in the mountains, but with most of our guests between the ages of 60 and 86, we decided against it. Instead, we're getting a 'mountain arch' for the ceremony and he's making stained glass mountain sun catchers for people to take home.

• Rachael
    Beginner August 2019 Alberta
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing mason jar mugs so people aren’t causing waste with a bunch of plastic cups.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also went through so many options. Bottle openers, no favour, donation favour, chocolate, personalized M&Ms. I looked at so many different options!
    We have finally settled on his and hers chocolates. I love Lindors and he loves M&Ms. So everyone will get a little bit of both!
    Love the candy apples. Try keeping them in a cool place. Or a bowl with ice, you can put a towel over top of the ice and set all the apples on top to keep them cool!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We cycled through so many different ideas for favours - first chocolates, then mini jars of honey, then wildflower seed packets, then no favours at all, then finally back to the honey!

Candy apples are such a good idea, I love it! Definitely keep them in the shade somewhere, and maybe have a few fans on them if there's no way of having them indoors.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics