Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cynthia
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Wedding Favour ideas?

Cynthia, on September 29, 2017 at 10:11 Posted in DIY 0 30

I wanted something special and different for our wedding favours, something meaningful. There are so many things to choose from but none that I really settled on or really wanted. Anyone have any ideas?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 31, 2017 at 21:07
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personalized cards with names based on household on top of gifts

Wedding Favour ideas? 1
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We make maple syrup every spring on our property, so last years batch, the first few liters were packaged into smaller bottles that will be our table favors. We made labels at Vista print and will decorate them with a little bow and a seal on the lid.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lavender pouches and we're also doing draws for a few of our lantern centerpieces and 2 drinking horns. We'll also have cake pops, macaroons, butterfly and dragonfly cookies and a candy buffet with pouches with vegan and sugar free candies included. Sometimes ppl don't take the favours so this way I figure they can help themselves and not feel obligated but can still enjoy what's put out.

Wedding Favour ideas? - 1
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made homemade apple butter and peach/plum compote. It was well received. It was very cost effective and because it was homemade, people really liked it.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking about doing Wine Glasses. To rent a Wine Glass it costs .40 plus tax and deposit. To buy plastic it is .33 plus tax to buy real it costs less than 1.00 plus tax. If we can find a real nice decal its functional for the wedding and we don't waste. We are also looking into etched wine glasses with our names and wedding date, etc. Something affordable. Something classy as some people charge up to 8.00 per glass.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are wedding colours are purple and black and have found both colours in the states at walmart. We are thinking about doing this as well.

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The rum cake is actually a great idea! There's just so many things to choose from, it's a good thing I have time to narrow it down.

Thanks!

• Tiffany
    Frequent user September 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did Honey jars as my wedding favour. A lot of my friends call me honey lol, so it made perfect sense hahaha. I really like the idea of a s'mores kit too.

Since you mentioned you're from the Caribbean, you should totally do mini rum cakes (if you can find someone who can make it). I would LOVE that.

Another idea is a marshmallow hot chocolate kit, with a shot of Bailey's Smiley tongue

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/74/a4/c8/74a4c88c71d32247f831d745a902ec8c.jpg

• Melody
    Beginner September 2018 Manitoba
    Melody ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks you.. it's something simple but personal
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so cute!

• Melody
    Beginner September 2018 Manitoba
    Melody ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what me and my spouse are doing with daisies...one we are having a country wedding, daisies are my favorite flower and apart of boutiques ... also we can do it all ourselves so Smiley smile

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of doing jars of honey. My uncle is a honey farmer so it's always been a part of our family. But if not, something edible so if it gets left behind it won't go to waste.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made our own spice rub mix and put it in bottles and had little labels put on that we had ordered from Vista Print. Funny story is that we actually forgot to put them out on the tables so we ended up just putting the box out that we transported them in and people grabbed however much they wanted.

• JENNIFER
    Frequent user December 2017 Ontario
    JENNIFER ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depending on your budget you could do custom m&m’s they’re super cute. My dad has a printing shop so we’re having custom heart shaped sticky note pads made. They have our initials, wedding date and say “love notes” & “hugs & kisses” on alternating pages. We’re getting married December 16th so we were originally planning to make salt dough ornaments. I bought stamps and ink and had planned to DIY them but decided to go with the sticky notes instead.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cupcakes is what I was thinking as well, or something more useful like small salt and pepper shakers Smiley smile
  • A
    Newbie August 2018 Ontario
    Alex ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello .......😁
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we're doing little Hershey kisses with a tag that says "hugs and kisses from the Mr. & Mrs." - we want something cute, but inexpensive. We've been to a lot of weddings and have seen the wedding favours forgotten on the tables so many times, so I told him that I really wanted it to be something edible - hopefully that way people will enjoy it!

Wedding favour

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh I love that! Definitely on my list.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was our favour for our engagement party. So many have told me they've used it! I like thing that are practical!!!! Not sure what we are doing for the wedding yet. Might be a donation.

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well he's Dutch and I'm Caribbean so maybe something that represents both? I'd have to do some more thinking to what that might be.

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a super cute idea!

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society in our guests honor.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is there a food that is special to your culture, family, where you live, or to your relationship? Food or drink is always a great favor idea.

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's actually a great idea about the wine opener!

• R
    Curious December 2017 Ontario
    Ranaaaaaa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have decided to go with making a donation to sick kids hospital in honor of our guests and chocolate to thank them for celebrating with us.

• Leanna
    Beginner January 2018 Ontario
    Leanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi! I'm kind of in the same boat... I don't know either, I don't want to spend anything too crazy as most people forget theirs or won't ever use it. I was thiking about bottle openers, something cute like "LOVE" or "CHEERS". I've even seen "Mr. & Mrs.". Or I also thought about a wine opener and cork set. Everyone drinks wine, or at least one person in a household normally will.

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could get some sparkly favor boxes and do some kind of fudge in them with a little saying like " love is sweet" or something along those lines. Or put whatever kind of sweet dessert in them you so choose to. But who doesn't love fudge!

• Cynthia
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We don't have a specific theme probably because I'm no good at sticking with just one style but I guess it's elegant romantic. A lot of beautiful big flowers, tall vases with floating candles and a dash of glitz .

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cynthia whats your theme? Depending on theme I have certain ideas.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

M FH and I are doing cupcakes, we are having cupcakes as our wedding cake and decided since our venue package includes dessert we would use the cupcakes for our favours in cute themed boxes with our names on it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics