Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shaylyn
Newbie December 2020 Saskatchewan

Wedding favors- yay or nay?

Shaylyn, on August 1, 2017 at 15:48 Posted in Wedding reception 0 20

I recently went to a family wedding, and had such a wonderful time. I realized three days later, there was no wedding favors! And I thought, "wow! I didn't even miss having them!" So what are your thoughts Brides and Grooms? Did you skip (or planning to skip) the favors at your wedding? Did anyone else go to a wedding and not even remember having a favor and minding or not minding it?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 14:49
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Crystal tealight votive holder with thank you card

Wedding favors- yay or nay? 1
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a donation to a charity instead of favours. We printed a small note and placed that at every place setting. Everyone was touched by the gesture.
  • Emma
    Newbie August 2017 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing Cookies from Metro for my favours for my wedding in a week. I bought paper Kraft bags from Dollarama and bought personalized thank you stickers from vista print to seal it with. We are going to pack them up the day before with tongs. I got ginger molasses cookies, chocolate chip, and oatmeal cookies to choose from. Edible favours are always handy and at least I know it won't get wasted. Smiley smile
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I are planning to have our place markers be the favour. Not 100% on which option, but either personalized shot glasses, mini potted succulents, or mason jar glasses with chalkboard marker to put their names on. Something they can actually use again.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancee and I are doing edible wedding favors for the guests, and personalized sunglasses for the wedding party. We want something that people will be able to enjoy!

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am thinking doing Hershey kisses for wedding favors but I think wedding favors are a waste a money already paying a free meal for guest to come to wedding shouldn't have to pay for more.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing favours for ours but they will be edible. I usually won't take the favours if they're anything but, unless it's useful.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went back and forth on having favours, having no favours, having wine as favour, having plantable hearts as a favour. We (mostly me) have finally settled on gummy fish as our wedding favours to go with our fishie ish theme. I am now debating whether or not to attach them to the place cards or if I should order stickers for this specific purpose. Too many decisions!!!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can definitely skip favors!! If you do decide to do favors, something edible is always a hit! The spice rub and apple butter sound delicious.

We did personalized koozies because our friends love them Smiley smile

My Wedding FavorsMy Wedding Favors

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't decided on favours. If we do them, I want to be something guests can use. Otherwise we will make a donation on behalf of our guests!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to skip this... but it became really important to me to have as close of a traditional wedding as possible. I wanted to do something close and emulate of us, but I honestly couldn't think of anything... and I am not diy. My co worker did prescription bottles full of golf tees with the guests name on them... as she's a pharmacist and he works at a golf course. I couldn't think of anything like that, so I did traditional candy. I got red and white jelly beans, and pretty silver cola balls. Our wedding colours are red and gold so I thought that was a good idea lol. I also did tablespoon bag fulls of loose leaf tea, as I love tea!!! I do have pretty glass jars to put them in too lol and pretty bags

Wedding favors- yay or nay? - 1
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've decided to make sugar free apple butter for my favours. I've made little cards for each person and will write their names on the envelopes. I want to place each favour by the person's place card and if someone forgets theirs, we'll just take it home.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing wedding favours for our wedding. We are going with the more traditional route and giving small servings plates.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We plan on having jars of a homemade spice rub as our favour. If people don't take them we'll use them anyway!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing cookies for our favours! I have received candles before and they are still sitting on a shelf collecting dust ... If it's not food, a donation to a charity that is important to you and Fiance is always nice! (and with a donation - you don't have to specify an amount - you can do whatever works for you!)

• Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

IDK how practical the names are going to be, lol! I'm hoping I can pull it off, and that men find a use for vinyl stickies of their names, but we shall see. I saw a picture of people's first names just resting on their place settings, and I loved the look of it so much, I just wanted to find a way to make it more reusable.

• Shaylyn
    Newbie December 2020 Saskatchewan
    Shaylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree that there's ALWAYS favors left over, from almost any wedding I've helped clean up as well. I kinda found it was nice not having to remember to take the favor at the end of the night, and it's hard to keep track of whose favor is whose at the table. I like your photos or names idea! That seems so practical!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing wedding favours. I think it is a nice thing to give the guests a little something since they have came out to celebrate your special day. I am giving Ferrero roche favours!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me personally I prefer when there isn't a favour because unless it's a food item, I just throw it out lol. Maybe I'm just a terrible person though. I just hate clutter and hoarding things. We are planning on doing honey jars for our wedding since my sister has connections with a local bee keeper. I figure most people may at least use the honey as opposed to a material object or something.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning on doing a little something for our guests, like physical prints from a photo booth, or their names cut out of vinyl which will act as a place setting and a cool little thing they can take home and stick on whatever they want. The FH wants to do mini wine bottles but they're crazy expensive. I've cleaned up after a number of weddings and always found myself thinking "god, there are so many favours leftover!"

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics