Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

Wedding Etiquette

Kathryn, on April 18, 2021 at 17:03 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4
Hi All my fellow brides!
We are having a super small legal ceremony as we have already postponed our large ceremony twice so don’t want to keep delaying the marriage. We are having an outdoor ceremony in the mountains, going off for photos, then just to a private dining spot in a restaurant.
What is the etiquette for inviting the commissioner and photographer to the meal? No services will be taking place, just wondering if we should invite them!Thanks!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Rhi, on April 20, 2021 at 10:59
  • R
    Curious August 2021 British Columbia
    Rhi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it’s a super intimate dinner I wouldn’t say you need to feed the photographer unless you want them to take photos at the dinner. If it is a super small dinner anyways it may just be nicer to only have those who are close with you at the dinner, vs all those close with you and a photographer you don’t know too well.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You wont need to invite the commissioner since hes only doing your ceremony. For your photographer, if you have them for the evening as well, you should include them for dinner. For instance with my fiance and I in our contract it stats for our photographer since we have them for 12 hours and they're included for the reception we do need to feed them.
  • K
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Kathryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Hank!
    That was kind of my thought as I wouldn’t want to be there! Just didn’t want to miss a particular etiquette! Thanks for responding!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think most officiants don't expect to attend the reception, so you can leave them out for dinner.

As for the photographer, if they're not contracted to work the hours of your dinner, then no need to invite them as well. If I were in the vendor's shoes, I would rather not be invited if I'm not working since it'll be awkward for me to be there by myself.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics