Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsea
Master August 2017 Ontario

Wedding dress secret

Chelsea, on November 7, 2016 at 13:46 Posted in Before the wedding 0 15

Will you staying traditional and be keeping your dress hidden from your FH or are going to show him what the dress looks like in advance?

If you are keeping your dress a secret, where will you be hiding the dress?
If you will be showing the groom in advance will he also come with you dress shopping and help pick out the dress?

wedding dress shopping

wedding dress shopping

15 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on November 10, 2016 at 14:39
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is very adamant about not seeing the dress before hand, not even a stock picture or a hint. I am not sure if we will do first look pictures or just wait and he sees me for the first time at the ceremony.

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm going with tradition as well and keeping my dress hidden. I actually never thought of where I'll store it though.... I really like the idea of both keeping their outfits a secret. That sounds like a fun idea!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awh I love that! Super sweet! Smiley laugh

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am sticking with tradition and not showing my FH my dress, I want to see the look on his face the first time he sees me walking down the isle... I am not a dress wearing girl so it will be a great AWE moment I am sure .... I cant wait for our photographer to capture his expression !!Smiley love

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahah thats funny!

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm accidentally obsessed with that show.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't have minded if my fiance saw a picture of the dress like online or on a mannequin (like Valerie said, it will look so different the day of the wedding!) but we are keeping it a secret and it's been fun! I like to tease my fiance anytime there's a wedding dress on TV and say "oh no! She stole my dress!" (especially if it's something from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Can't believe she stole my huge light up wedding dress! I thought it was one of a kind!) He knows my style so he knows that it has lace but he doesn't really know the silhouette. (I could probably tell him it's a fit and flare and he'd have no idea what that means.) I brought his mom to my final fitting and she loved it and said he will too. My mom picked it up for me from the dress shop and he probably saw the garment bag when we were loading everything into the car but you couldn't see inside it. I can't wait for him to finally see me in it!

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are welcome Chelsea. I like the idea of surprising our FH with our appearance for our wedding day!Smiley smile Cheers to being inspired by ideas!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know there is no way on Earth my FH would wear a white shirt....ever. So that never even crossed my mind. Good thinking!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like that idea a lot! I wish I could do something like that but my dress is ivory but my FH is having a hard time understanding that if he gets a white shirt it will make my dress look dirty. So I need to go with him and the groomsmen to make sure that the outfits won't be making my dress look dirty!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are BOTH keeping our outfits secret Smiley surprise

My FH likes to think he is stylish Smiley winking - and he can pull off some pretty "out there outfits"...So we have agreed on a general theme, colour scheme and idea for the day, and will base out outfits around that.

I like this- it suits us, and will be fun!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is nice that he is serious about that and wants it to be a surprise for him! I agree that it will be all different when you are done up the day of with hair and makeup and such!

• Chelsea
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Simone! I am feeling very inspired today with idea's for discussions! I to will be keeping my dress hidden from my fiance as I want it to be a surprise! Smiley laugh I will be storing it at one of my bridesmaids mom's houses! I am close with her family and her mom has no pets so I can be sure it will stay clean and it will stay hidden from my FH!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FH is insistant on keeping it a secret. In fact I was showing someone else my dress (the back) and accidentally left my screen on and was talking to him with my hands (as I always do) and he got made because he saw the picture. OOPS! I just laughed… it’s not a big deal to me because it will be so different when I’m all done up day of and in person, but he’s very serious about it.

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the questions you are asking Chelsea. I will be keeping with tradition and keeping my dress hidden from my FH. It might be stored at my mom's house our my MOH who is my sister-in-laws' house.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics