Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Expert August 2018 Ontario

Wedding dress goals- going hunting on saturday!

Linzer, on February 13, 2017 at 20:28 Posted in Wedding Tests 0 13
On Saturday my mom and I have our first bridal dress shopping appointment!
The dream dress hit list is as follows:

Empire or Straight cut

Tulle skirt

Illusion neckline (or just a v)

Capped sleeves

No belt

Closed back.

Sweeping train.

Champagne (or blush or pale blue) colored

And lacey!

I'm getting really excited, I hope I find what I want! I just posted some of my favourite inspiration pics.

Wedding dress goals- going hunting on saturday! - 1

Wedding dress goals- going hunting on saturday! - 2

Wedding dress goals- going hunting on saturday! - 3

13 Comments

Latest activity by Lynz, on February 14, 2017 at 17:49
  • Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes...my girlfriend got her dress there...she has a good experience....i love that the giving back goes to charity and im almost sure they go to childrens cancer research....such a great concept they have come up with!! Good luck and have an awesome time....hope you get to say yes to the dress 😀 lol
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful Lindsey!! I can't wait to see what dresses you'll try on! Smiley heart You'd be the first in the community with coloured dress! Smiley love I can't wait to see it!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ouuu wedding dress shopping! That is so exciting, I can't wait to see photos!!! I agree with Louise, have an idea of what you want, but don't limit yourself to only those things. I tried on styles that were far from what I originally had wanted. Turns out I was right about what I had wanted but I know it doesn't always work that way!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First stop is the Bride's Project because I'm really into the whole idea of saving some money and giving to charity!
    If that's a no go I'll end up going to Narces and/ or Beckers Bridal. All downtown / east end places.
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm definitely trying to keep an open mind! And even willing to try on *gasp* white dresses too!
    I know it's not the same but for my high school prom I had a really hard to me finding my dream dress. I was let down and felt fat and sad and my mom picked up this gown from nowhere and asked me to try it on It had nothing I wanted but ended up being perfect!! The funny part is she spent more on that damn prom dress than I likely will on my wedding dress haha
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you lovely ladies! Will get my mom to take a lot of pics!
    Headed to the Bride's Project for round one and hoping to score a perfect (and inexpensive) second hand dress! If that doesn't pan out I can always make another 1hour appointment since they have soooo many dresses!
    If that doesn't work out I'm really interested in checking out NARCES at Yonge/ Bloor, they designed dress #2 and do gorgeous evening wear and wedding gowns. I found her at the National Bridal Show and showed Valerie Lisa and Melissa the dresses she had on display!
    And then after dress shopping headed to my reception restaurant for brunch and say hi to my MOH whose been working too much to make time for me lately :p
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good luck!Take an embarrassing number of pictures for us! Are you trying the place with your blue/grey stunner?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So exciting!!! Woot woot!!! I really love that great dress in the second photo!!! Wow!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are beautiful! Can't wait for you to find your dress! Take lots of pics!
  • Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So beautiful!! I love your idea for colour. I start shopping in April...such an exciting time ☺☺ im from the GTA...may i ask where your going to shop?
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wishing you all the best and I hope you have the best experience on Saturday! Mp lease post the dress you pick. Smiley smile
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good luck Smiley smile My advice is go in there with an idea of what you want but don't limit yourself to that. I knew what I wanted when I went in there, I tried on my dream dresses and they looked horrible on me. I felt more like a princess instead of a woman.
    The dress I fell in love with was a dress someone else suggested for me. I ended up loving it.
    Have the best time and take pics if you can 👍🏻
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so exciting!!!!! Be sure to post photos so we know how it goes! I can't wait to see the dress you pick, you are going to look so amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics