Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Newbie September 2026 British Columbia

Wedding dress dilemma

Michelle, on December 21, 2022 at 14:20 Posted in British Columbia 0 3

My fiancé and I were originally getting married in 2021, but that didn't happen as planned haha. Having to reschedule wasn't the problem, what is, is my wedding dress...I bought one in March of 2021 and it's been waiting to be worn since, just sitting in my closet sad and lonely. Since it's purchase I have had a third baby and definitely am not the size I was when I bought the dress. I'm not to far off, but have to put work into getting back to original size...if im being honest my weight isn't my biggest concern.

What im worried about is my dress being damaged, I can't tell if it is yellowing or not. Do I bring it in somewhere and get it looked at? I feel if I brought it somewhere they would be like "Oh yeah, it's trashed, you for sure need to buy a new one" but not because I actually need a new dress, but just so they can make a sale...And there's also a small part of me that wants a new/ second dress....My original dress in a Wona concept dress from a 2018 collection, and it is heavy, oh so very heavy. Has anyone else worn to heavy of a dress? Did you regret not having a second dress? Or were you happy to just be in the one you loved? And for those who did have 2 dresses, did you regret having changed or were more than happy with your choice?

I know there's a lot packed into this conversation/question, I just have this in my mind constantly and want to talk to someone about it *insert crying emoji*

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on December 21, 2022 at 20:18
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're welcome! You defiantly shouldn't have to worry about that!

• Michelle
    Newbie September 2026 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's super helpful thank you 😊 mine is both in a bag and a dark closet, I now have faith hahah

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had my dress for 3 and a half years before I was able to wear it and it didn't change color. As long as you have it put away in a garment bag and a dark area like a closet, you should be fine.

My dress was also heavy and I didn't have a second dress. But I loved it so much that I didn't want to change into another one !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics