Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rhea
Curious February 2019 British Columbia

Wedding Dress Alterations in Vancouver

Rhea, on October 24, 2018 at 15:18 Posted in British Columbia 0 2

My dress has arrived and the salon I ordered it from no longer does alterations so I need to take it elsewhere. Looking for recommendations on where to bring my dress in Vancouver that isn't too high in price but good quality alterations. My wedding is Feb 2, 2019, so I am hoping if I can get the alteration started by mid November I will have enough time - any suggestions on where to go and if that is a good timeline for alterations would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

2 Comments

Latest activity by Rhea, on October 28, 2018 at 15:59
  • Rhea
    Curious February 2019 British Columbia
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awesome! Thanks for all the info- definitely going to go to a bridal salon instead of a regular seamstress.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got my gown from Lisa's Bridal in New Westminster. I'm not sure if you can bring in outside dresses, but I don't see why not. I know the alterations I was quoted for (sewn in cups, and bodice being taken in) was going to be under $200 (my bodice is extremely detailed with beading). I remember looking at their alterations price list thinking it was quite reasonable.

I would go to a reputable bridal salon... that's their specialty, and unlike a regular seamstress, it's all they do, so they won't jack up the price. I know my cousin took her gown to a regular seamstress and the girl marked it as "evening gown" because "wedding dress" would have almost doubled the price.

Also, they suggest your first alterations appointment being 8 weeks out, so you can go as late as December 6th for your first appointment. (Lisa's Bridal's alterations department is open Tues/Wed/Thurs)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics