Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Wedding diy what did you make yourself for the big day?

Carine, on August 29, 2023 at 08:33 Posted in DIY 0 5

I did my signs, and I also saved money and got my mother-in-law to make me a sweater scarf because I know I will be freezing when the sun goes down. My bouquets were made by someone who just does silk flowers as a hobby, not sure if that counts as DIY but it came out cheaper than seeing a florist or a professional. The Bridal party gifts were all DIY as well.

What parts of your wedding did you make that was DIY?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on April 14, 2024 at 07:46
  • N
    Curious July 2025 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning to do our own signage and that maybe it
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that you used something of your moms to incorporate into your wedding, she must of been honored?

Also why wouldn't that count as a DIY you designed the men's tie and not have them custom made. I consider anything that you added your personal touch to it DIY. Like PJ's for the girls with their names on it, anything you created to add that something special. I could be wrong, but anything you did to save money instead of paying to have it custom made is DIY.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fair enough, I mean if the budget is there why not splurge.

If we had the budget I would of went big, but no regrets and I love my DIY signs, I made sure they fit the decor so I can hang them on our house as a keepsake.

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the only thing I DIY'd were the signs but they were from templates and I bought the frames and put them together so, minimal. I did try and do our centerpieces with the help of my husband but.....lol they did not quite turn out how I envisioned so we hired a florist. It was a small wedding so al though I love crafting, I treated myself to hiring a lot of people to do things and I did not really do much DIY, I did not want the pressure lol.

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made hairpieces for myself and bridesmaids from the lace off of my mom's wedding hat. I ordered a bunch of silk flowers from amazon and made all of our bouquets and some table decorations. I made some of the signage and packaged all of the wedding favours. And this may not count as DIY but I used a website to design the men's ties.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics