Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brooke
Newbie June 2021 Ontario

Wedding Delay

Brooke, on July 15, 2020 at 11:38 Posted in WeddingWire 1 4

Hi Community!!

For any of the brides that have had to delay their wedding until 2021 due to COVID-19 but were all planned and ready to go this year 2020. What are you doing in the interim to keep busy and to keep the hype going? Or anything that is helping you keep organized?

Thanks!

Brooke

4 Comments

Latest activity by Veronica, on July 15, 2020 at 17:42
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

About the same as the others below.

We were basically ready to go for this year and now have until October 2021. So not much will happen will happen this year in relation to wedding planning. I plan to purchase a few decor items here and there as sales pop up but everything else was ready to go!

Like Kelsie, I do not want to get to involved with planning still until we know what 2021 even looks like. Luckily FH and I just bought a house to keep us occupied Smiley winking.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It would be anniversary planning if it was being done for 3 years coming up next month. Fixing up the home and the office space is undwrway of organizing and to get the storage ideas needed for a new desk. Home projects too are being for better safety precautions.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were basically ready for our wedding July 18, 2020 but postponed to next year.

We luckily moved into our first house during the postponement so we were busy unpacking, buying furniture, etc. Now that we are more or less settled in, it definitely has been weighing on me that I was supposed to be a bride this coming Saturday.

To keep busy my FH is getting his suit this week (the store is actually closing and gave him an opportunity to buy his rental) - so that was positive! Other than that - we will take a break from doing anything wedding related until next year - we want to make sure the wedding will be able to go ahead next year before we do anything.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Brooke! I'm in this boat as well. We postponed from August 2020 to August 2021. I've kind of dialed back on the active planning for now--we were more or less ready to go for this year when we made the decision to postpone so there's just not much to do atm! Honestly, I've kept my planning buzz alive by participating in this community! My fiance and I have also decided to take a more elaborate honeymoon after our 2021 wedding, so we're very slowly planning that which has been exciting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics