Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Linda
Curious October 2022 Ontario

Wedding date

Linda, on May 16, 2021 at 13:14 Posted in Ontario 0 5
Hey guys our wedding is October of this year but with numbers not going down quick enough an most to be vaccinated fully by oct kinda makes us question things an possibility postponing to spring 2022 what is everyones input ?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Raquel, on May 18, 2021 at 10:35
  • Raquel
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there,

My wedding is at the end of October. Due to the stay-at-home order, it has been very difficult for us to purchase any outstanding items. I've had to reschedule multiple times for bridesmaid dresses, and the same for our groomsmen suits. Still waiting for my dress and still need alterations once it has arrived. We've already decided that it would be best for us to postpone, but we technically can't reschedule our venue until the end of July. We do not want a wedding with restrictions in place. Also, not knowing if cases will surge again is really creating a lot of stress and anxiety for me. The whole planning and wedding experience has not been pleasant, to say the least. I'd rather have some peace of mind and push it one full year. I sympathize with all the couples that have their wedding this year. It's a tough call. Best of luck!

• R. Dailo
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    R. Dailo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married at the end of Oct and we still have to find a number of vendors for flowers, dress/tux, cake, even our wedding bands. Lets hope things open back up on June 2.

• Linda
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Linda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This time its my fiancé that wants to move it im just getting fed up at this point esp since my bridal party keeps complaining about it and it frustrates me to the max
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on your priorities. If you want to be guaranteed a maskless wedding with dancing amongst 50+ guests, then I feel like postponing is the only option. If you're willing to roll with the punches, then you can wait and see how it plays out.

We're in September and after one postponement, we're going through with our wedding day no matter what (unless wedding ceremonies are banned, period).

• A
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married October 2nd, and currently I'm wondering the same thing, a few oct brides in a fb group Im in said they were waiting untill july to decide to postpone or not. Part of me is hopeful with the vaccine we may just get lucky, but then Im worried if we wait, we'll end up having to postpone to 2023. I'm going to hold out a little longer because we've planned a back yard wedding and may get lucky.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics