Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

junielien_
Beginner July 2023 Alberta

Wedding Costs

junielien_, on October 1, 2021 at 21:50 Posted in Before the wedding 0 14

Honest opinions! What is average to spend on a wedding for 150 guests? My fiance and I are in the midst of wedding planning and it just seems to be our estimated total keeps going up lol.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Malyssa, on November 12, 2021 at 14:02
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend spent around $16k back in 2018 for roughly 120 people. But I also had a friend spend about that much too for half the people this year. So like some others have said, it really depends on your vision and what you want from your wedding!

Best of luck planning!

• Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are expecting 115 guests and our total was just under $20,000. This included a lot of deal finding with various vendors, and a comprehensive “all inclusive” banquet hall during prime wedding season.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This really depends on your vision of things. I am projecting to keep ours of 100 people between $10,000-12,000 (so far so good). I could also very easily spend $30,000 which is what my MOH spent 11 years ago with 110 people.

• Stefanie
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And also I plan to rent out all my handmade decor after my wedding. Thinking of starting a small little unique side business .
  • Stefanie
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi I’m
    Getting married In august with 135 people with a budget of 20k. Im doing All the decor myself and have a friend that’s a DJ our venue with extra include cost us about $6000k, my mother in law is paying for cater but we our paying for our traditional midnight dinner. The highest cost for us is our venue. I’m hiring a hairstylist for my bridesmaids $**** and each lady will be doing their own make up.
  • Chantelle
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Chantelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 155 and would budget way about 60K but its getting closer to 70K with vendors upper their prices with covid once we postponed.

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol, Brianna, I get it! I keep thinking "I wonder what would happen if I tell the vendors it's a birthday or anniversary party...and just show up in a wedding dress and with a whole wedding party!!"

• Brianna
    Curious March 2023 British Columbia
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Reading these comments both made me so sad, but also so relieved that I'm not alone in these huge budgets! I'm one of those "I'm so excited to get married" on one hand, but "the wedding industry is so unfair & such a waste of money" on the other hand brides. haha

Our guest list is at around 90 right now and I can NOT get the budget under $17,000 and that's being a CHEAP as possible with a lot of DIY. I've lowered my standards & wishes of what I wanted to get to that number. I'm not going to be surprised if it's over that.

• Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 131 guests and our budget was $30k and we are projecting to spend $45k
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were planning to spend about $20,000 for 100 people, but this was a VERY tight budget and would have involved a lot of DIY (decor, greenery, hair/makeup, invitations - basically everything I could feasibly DIY lol) and shopping around for the best deals for everything else. Basically there were no splurges whatsoever with this budget. It also didn't include our wedding bands because we wanted to make sure we got what we wanted since we'll have them forever.

We ended up indefinitely postponing due to covid so I don't know if we would have managed to keep it under that budget. I think we probably would have been closer to $25,000. That being said, I see how easily weddings around the same size can add up to $30,000-$50,000. Had we been willing to spend more, we could have easily dropped $50k on the wedding with just minor changes to a few vendors and hiring out instead of DIYing.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For 100 people we were looking at spending about $25 000 however with everything going on we will most likely have less people so our price will be less. We have no minimum spend we pay by the number of guests (we had a minimum of 80 people but the venue is no longer holding us to it) I will be doing a lot of DIY and we spent a lot more on ceremony than we had to to make the day easier on our guests. We have a four course meal, late night, open bar and grand antipasto cocktail hour. My dress is on the more simple side (going more for old Hollywood style than bridal) so I saved a lot on that. I'm not sure about venues where you are but we found one that I can't say enough good things about.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are spending roughly $36,000. That's for everything 70 guests, photography, dj, venue, cake, food, alcohol, makeup, coordinator, flowers, decor etc. Your price will depend on where you're getting at and depending if you're getting married in the low or high season as well Smiley smile

• Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The average Canadian couple spends $32,000.

For our venue costs we are spending about $150 per guest (our venue doesn’t have a rental fee so this is just food and drinks). Then about another $7000 on everything else (decor, dress, photography etc).
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This will vary based on location as well as the type of wedding you want. We were originally going to be having 120 guests (pre covid) and were estimating 45k. Our venue was outside of Ottawa (cocktail hour, open bar, three course sit down meal); this also includes dinner for our out of town guests (anyone staying at the hotel) the night before.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics