Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marissa
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Wedding Cost

Marissa, on April 2, 2021 at 16:30 Posted in Ontario 0 6
I am in the planning mode and budget is looking around $30K. Should I feel bad about spending that much? I am getting married in the Halton area.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Marissa, on April 4, 2021 at 18:28
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The Ceremony, reception (which is a plates dinner, open bar and late night snack is already $15K. Flowers are also a big chunk for what I want.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For me personally, that price point is on the high end for such a number of guests. But like I said, if you can afford it and it's what both you and your partner want, then you do you. Just curious though, what kind of elements are you factoring in that's putting you in that price range? No judgement here, just curious more than anything.

• Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Hank. It would be 50 guests.
  • Marissa
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Shelly!
  • Shelly
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Shelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I had a really tough time deciding a budget when we first started planning. Mostly because we had no idea how much venues and vendors would cost and what a "reasonable" budget would be. In the end we just looked at how much money we could fork out every month over the span of 19 months (the length of our engagement) without breaking the bank. And then just used that as a wedding budget. It ended up being 35k. So I'd say yours is reasonable if you are able to comfortably afford it!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean, if you can reasonably afford it without borrowing money from others, and not struggle financially as a result of said wedding, why not? It's your money. You do you.

How many people are you planning to host?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics