Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan

Wedding chaos

Cc, on September 10, 2022 at 14:21 Posted in Just married 0 12
So we had our wedding and the dj I hired failed at a few things, he never played any music for the dinner arrival, he messed up all our entrance songs, we had to yell at him to change things because he literally messed up so bad. He now has threatened me and my husband and children if we leave and threatened to send people after us.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rebecca, on October 5, 2022 at 11:28
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Poxt in all local and surrounding areas to warn other brides. also take this to the police, threaten me cool whatever, threaten my husband? sure ill be mad and back him up if needed my kids oh heck nah! thats a step too far.

i would take this and any and all proof you have to the RCMP/ police.

im angry for you. he messed up, he needs to be responsible for his actions not threatening to throw hands like a child having a temper tantrum....

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If he has threatened you this is something that the police need to be involved with. That is a criminal act.

I'd also consider either suing in small claims court or consulting a lawyer about a lawsuit, depending on the amount of money you paid. My guess is that small claims is more realistic.
    His threats about slander are rubbish. Truth is a defence to slander/libel. As long as the reviews are truthful he cannot sue for slander.
  • Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YIKES. Report! That's unfortunate that you went through that. IMO, the DJ was the most important vendor to me, so I'd be so pissed if this happened to me.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Leave a review?! I wish he has literally blocked myself , my husband and even my wedding party from his Facebook page
  • Julie
    Featured May 2023 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow....i cannot believe what I am reading!!! Definitely report him to the police and then yu go on every social media outlet, including Google Review and leave your review! Its not slander by any means. Brides & Grooms need to be aware. OMG
  • C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup I tried to leave a review and the company has blocked my husband, myself and my wedding party
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Report him first and importantly since he didn't fulfill his contract basis and behaviour as a professional. Second, sue him for the cost of what he didn't do as he didn't follow the song selection provided and his services. Your contract will suffice enough evidience along with witnesses by your side. He may even habe to pay for harassment of him threatening your family.
  • Jessica
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would report him, and also leave a bad review. It’s not slander if you’re sharing your true experience.
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would highly recommend reporting him to the police. Also he can not do that and who knows how many people he is doing this exact same thing. But what he is doing is not ok and needs to put a stop to him.

• C
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do have all my records and screen shots of everything!! He has also said in a statement if any of my 150 guests that I had dare to give him a bad review he will charge them all with slander I'm not sure how that's possible 🤔
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Carine if he's threatening your family I would call the police and report him
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would report him. Hopefully you have it in writing. But I would highly recommend that you report him to the police if he is threatening you and your family

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics