Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Wedding Ceremony Songs

Hank, on June 10, 2021 at 09:44 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 17
For your ceremony, are you using tracks by the original artist, a cover version, an instrumental version, or a live band playing the song?

If you're using an instrumental version, is it the original instrumental, an acoustic/unplugged version, or a cover?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 18, 2021 at 17:12
  • Amanda
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ceremony - songs that have "marry" or love in it, pretty sappy stuff

Cocktail hour - mostly acoustic cover songs of pop / rock songs

Dinner music - instrumental stuff for mostly background noise

• Jasmine
    Frequent user July 2022 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will play romatic love songs for our wedding

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, I'm definitely not paying someone to take up a spot that could be taken by a close family member or good friend. As much as a live musician sounds nice, we would easily sacrifice that element if it meant a loved one can attend.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know one wedding I attended, the couple had a live band playing instrumental for their first dance. Other than that one wedding, there has always been a DJ to play the songs. My brother had a live band for one event when he got married back in 2000.
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are definitely going instrumental for our processional, not sure when I'll do as we exit though!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I depends on how many people are allowed by January (fingers crossed for no restrictions haha). I would love to have live music for ceremony. Harpist or guitar, I'd rather just an instrumental song. However, if it means one less guest then I will just go with prerecorded instrumental.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My five choices are:

In the Arms of Love // Never Get Enough of your Love // To Love Somebody // When a Man Loves a Woman // Time, Love and Tenderness

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which five are amongst your choices?

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé told me to give him a list of my song options. So I did give him a list of 5 Michael Bolton songs. Haha. And now I wait for him to choose.

I love the meaning of the words with the options I choose. So I might just keep the original soundtrack.
  • Abigail
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Abigail ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Instrumental! We have a few song choices, but I decided on a song to walk down to by the Vitamin String Quartet!

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Official instrumental. I love it. I would rather have someone at the ceremony play it but it is not within our budget, so finding the right instrumental version is going to be on my to do list leading up to the wedding.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you using the official instrumental or a cover?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'd take Elton crooning me down the aisle with his voice lol. It's my fiancee's favorite song and we're signing to the song.
  • Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have known for years that I wanted to walk down the aisle to the instrumental of Turning Page - Sleeping at Last. My fiancé listened to is and he is on board as well.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a song I LOVE that I want to walk down the aisle to but my Fiancé said he hates the singers voice so I'm hoping I can find a cover of it but I haven't started the search yet.
  • Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm actually torn between a cover and the original right now.

I'm using an instrumental for the bridesmaid processional, as well as for the music when we sign the license, etc.

But when I walk down the aisle, I'm not sure whether I want to go with the original version of Your Song, or an acoustic guitar instrumental. Both fit in nicely with the rest of the music, I just have to decide what I like better.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going with A Thousand Years (Piano/Cell Cover) by Christina Perri but it is covered by The Piano Guys

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics