Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2022 Alberta

Wedding ceremony/signing- help

Amanda, on July 14, 2022 at 11:58 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 5

Can anyone give me a bit of insight onto the "order" of a ceremony? From what I have gathered it goes; intro-vows-rings-signing-kiss.. does this sound right?

I've also read that the signing isn't supposed to be done during the ceremony but immediately after?

Last question.. vows.. we are writing our own. We have a friend officiating for us- if you write your own vows do you still do the "I do" part (in sickness/health etc)? And if so, would that be done before or after we recite our vows?

Thanks guys!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 15, 2022 at 09:07
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your basic terms of the wedding is in the righr order. Amanda listed the eloborate version too. Your Officiant can also guide you in thr direction you want to have the service done.
    You will have the choice to write your vows unless chosen to go traditional. We did the traditional vows set.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello there,

I definitely would seek out advice from your friend or other officiants out there - if you want a more structured ceremony script. But if you are going non-traditional or non-denominational, you are right with the order. The signing can be scheduled before the kiss and announcement as a couple. You are right to say “technically” it should be after but it’s more of a formality. My officiant likes the flow better of having the signing near the end and then the kiss etc. to follow. Just remember, it’s your ceremony and what fits you and your partner is most important. If you private message me I can give you insight on my ceremony script (more traditional with religious aspects to it).
    Steph
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The weddings I have attended do the vows, the kiss, signing and then the announcement of the married couple.

We are including a smudging ceremony before our vows
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is what my commissioner has mentioned to us regarding ceremony timeline.

"1. I perform the wedding when you arrive in front of me. It usually takes 5-10 minutes max

2. After I now pronounce you legally married, I take you both and your witnesses to sign the license

3. Once the license is signed, I lead you both back to the front and say something like "I now present to you Mr & Mrs, or the legally married and or something else"

Can't say for sure regarding the vows part. But the way I look at it, the talking part is all show. Its the paperwork that like actually makes you legally married, so I dont think the order REALLY matters or what exactly you include.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our pastor gave us a booklet to go over.

This is our order for our Contemporary Ceremony:

The Processional

The Introduction

Opening Blessing

Address To The Couple

Questions of Intentions

Prayer of Grace

The Exchange of Vows

The Exchange of Rings

Blessing Of The Rings

The Declaration of Marriage

The Marriage Kiss