Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Wedding Ceremony Readings

Amanda, on June 6, 2019 at 10:41 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4

Good Day Ladies,

I am asking for some assistance and suggestions. I am Catholic, My FH is not. We are getting married outdoors by an Officiant, not a priest. This being said he has advised us we can customize our own ceremony.

I would like to add some readings from the bible to be said by different members of my family, but I am having a tough time choosing readings. Has anyone already had their wedding that have chosen readings that fit perfectly for you? Or are any of you going to be choosing some readings from the bible?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on July 8, 2019 at 06:13
  • Katherine
    Curious August 2021 Prince Edward Island
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m in the same boat with trying to find some readings! I’m not very religious but we’re getting married in the same church that my parents got married in to try and keep tradition.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Amanda, how is your reading search going? I have some tips to get your search started - 17 Unique Wedding Ceremony Readings Your Guests Will Love

It has religious and non-religious options to choose from, I hope they give you some inspiration!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your message.

The officiant we have selected advised we can choose any reading we'd like but if it pertains to a "religion" that we would need a family member or someone in the party to do the readings as he will not. I was completely fine with that as I do not mind having my family apart of the ceremony.

We still have a lot of time, so I do not know if he does have recommendations for Biblical readings, and when I was looking I found it very overwhelming to select just one.

Thank you so much for your help none the less. I will wait till a closer date and go over with the Officiant with some options.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an officiant let us customize our wedding and he had some readings in his package to choose abouts. Though he wouldn't read anything with the word GOD/LORD in it, he still read something non-religious. We chose a reading that was dedicated to my husband's parents who are passed away.

On the safe side, inquire if the reading of the bible would work for them or go non-religious to not go against their license. I was told if they can lose their license if they do anything else or stand in cultural rituals. Just to be aware and a tip.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics