Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Honeylie
Frequent user August 2021 Quebec

Wedding Ceremony Music

Honeylie, on May 27, 2020 at 14:30 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 12

Hi Lovelies!

I am curious as to who controlled your music for the processional? And how? Our venue has a sound system which we can hook up our phone. We have the music picked out but now the issue is who will change it / time it on time in case the processional goes a bit longer or shorter?

We have two songs playing. One for the wedding party entrance and one for me the Bride entrance.

I would feel weird asking one of the guests to stay back and control the music...unless that is my only option?

Any suggestions would be helpfuulllllllll xxxx

12 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on June 1, 2020 at 22:27
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue should have a plug like a dj would plug it in. check with the venue itself. but you can have a family member do it or ask someone from the venue

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check with your DJ if that's an option for him to be able to help you out for your ceremony. My fiance and I have our DJ doing all of our music for the ceremony.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does the venue have a sound technician? I assume your vows and speeches are amplified with a microphone so someone must be running that. Usually venues would prefer not to let other people touch their equipment.

If you are unable to get a DJ or a venue sound tech to run music, I would ask a very tech-savvy friend or family member. Because it's not just controlling the timing, you would have to adjust levels since not all songs are produced at the same volume, not does everyone speaks at the same loudness. And since it's, as you said, an important job, they would feel special and not take them out from enjoying themselves.

I highly suggest not using a phone for music. Imagine someone calls the phone in the middle of the ceremony. Or you get a notification from one of your apps. I've seen it happen lol.

• Honeylie
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!!Smiley laugh

• Honeylie
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes rehearsal is definitely something we plan on doing. it's just with the kids, they can be a bit unpredictable.

• Honeylie
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I will definitely ask around. I am sure someone would be willing to do it since it will be an "important job" Smiley smile

• Honeylie
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice!! I wish we could have live music.

I am still looking into wedding coordination but thank you for the suggestion!!! Smiley laugh

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The DJ was in charge of the music played for the ceremony provided on his sheet. In the case of no DJ, a family member can play the song changing when needed as you walk down after the wedding party.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DJ! Ours did all of our music Smiley smile As for timing - that's something that we rehearsed at our dress rehearsal as to avoid any hiccups.

• Carling
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Carling ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our DJ is doing our music.
    Honestly though I think it would be totally fine for you to have a guest control the music. Maybe someone you trust and are closer with but aren’t immediate family. An aunt, uncle, or cousin would probably work out well!
  • Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello!

Luckily, we had two options for this. Our DJ is controlling our ceremony and reception music as it was included in her package. The other option was the venue itself can help out but since it was a part of the package, it just made sense to allow the DJ to take over. Perhaps this is part of your DJ package or maybe they can add this on for a small fee?

I also agree with Kelcie, as a secondary option, if you have a planner or if the venue is providing you a day of coordinator, ask them to help you out or last option, someone attending the wedding.

• K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going the live music route for my ceremony - it appealed to me because musicians can adapt to the order of proceedings in real time. But I know that’s not everyone’s thing!

Do you have a DJ or band for booked for your reception? When I was doing my research I noted that many will take care of ceremony music for a small additional fee. If that’s a no go, what about the venue coordinator? (Assuming you have one). Maybe they’d be okay taking this on? It can’t hurt to ask.
    I’m assuming you don’t have a planner or day of coordinator - if you do I think they’d be the obvious first choice. I agree that delegating this task to a guest or family member should be your last resort. Good luck!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics