Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie September 2020 Alberta

Wedding called off

Dallas, on July 20, 2017 at 20:24 Posted in Living together 0 8
My boyfriendcalled off the wedding. He says he don't want to spend that much money. I'm very hurt

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sabrina, on August 14, 2017 at 23:01
  • Sabrina
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband was scared too on how much it cost as well. You should ask him what he feels comfortable with. You already know he wants to be with you so maybe a good conversation will help figure things out.
  • D
    Dallas ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made a budget that was reasonable I was able to make it under 2000.. but he said no. I think he has able change of heart.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Weddings can be expensive but they don't have to be. I hope your conversation goes well with him and you guys can set a budget that will make you both more comfortable.

• D
    Dallas ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for your advice. I will talk it over with him.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the others. You don't need to spend a lot. City hall is a perfectly good venue. Choose the nicest dress you have or hit Value Village or Salvation Army for some great prices. You could serve coffee and cake at your own house, or a family member's place, and save a ton of money. Costco has a nice slab cake for $20.00 and they have an anniversary cake that could be made to look like a wedding cake. Pick flowers from the garden or, with permission, someone else's garden. If you can get some help from family and friends, you could do potluck with hot or cold food like fancy sandwiches, salads, veggies and dip, meatballs and rice, etc. You could probably do it for under $600.00! I am the world's most frugal bride. Contact me if you want more tips.

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that. What about going to city hall and marrying that way, even without a party? Maybe he would consider that?

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dallas,

I am so sorry to hear that. You must be really disappointed. That sucks !

Do you have to cancel anything regarding vendors and venue ?

You can always have a small wedding decorated with DIY stuff and have a great time Smiley smile

Would he consider spending less rather than calling off ?

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That really sucks! I'm sorry to hear this. Would you consider eloping? You can get married at city Hall and then just have a party instead of a big wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics