Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jazmin
Beginner November 2022 Ontario

Wedding Cakes

Jazmin, on April 16, 2021 at 12:16 Posted in Ontario 0 13

Hi everyone!

I'm struggling to find a good bakery to get our wedding cake from. Our wedding will be in London, Ontario, so, if anyone knows any good places here or close by, that would be amazing!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 22, 2021 at 17:34
  • S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you get a sample box yet?
  • Jazmin
    Jazmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly Stephanie you are my life saver! Crazy good cakes is likely going to be the baker we go with for our wedding and I’m so excited! You were right they are amazingly priced and getting so much for such a great deal! A million thank you’s!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bakeries are all good depending on what you're quoted for what you want and how many tiers. The idea of your cake design on paper may help if you show it to the baker for them to know what you have in mind and delivery charge inquiry. The idea of saying the cake drawing did help on my part to know I had enough cake for half the guests and decided to have assorted pastries as an alternative for the rest so that it would be small to take home after the night. Luckily, everything was distributed out and nothing was left as it was plated service with crème brulee.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Try asking for a shorter cake maybe? It looks like each layer is a stack of sponge cake and frosting based on the height. If you make each layer shorter, maybe it can be reduced.

But a plain cake at that price is hefty. Have you tried other bakeries?
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Honestly fantastic. The lady was soooo nice as well. If she will deliver to you in london I highly recommend!
  • Jazmin
    Jazmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! I appreciate it! How were the samples?
  • Jazmin
    Jazmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wedding Cakes 1
    We wanted this cake WITHOUT the flowers. No flowers at all.

• S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just got samples from a baker in the cambridge area. Im not sure if they deliver to the london area but her prices were super reasonable and the samples were delicious! Look up crazy good cakes.
  • Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t know a ton about wedding cake prices tbh, but $500+ for 40 people seems crazy expensive to me too. That’s essentially $12.50 per slice. I would keep looking personally. Have you thought about cupcakes? Maybe that would cut down costs if $500 is in fact normal?
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It also depends on how you decorate the thing. "Just icing" could be a ton of work if you're filled with icing flowers and different design elements.

• Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

From the research I've done that price doesn't seem outrageous to me. I think you have to remember the time that goes into baking and assembling a cake along with delivering and doing last minute set up at the wedding venue. Tiered cakes also require extra care because they need to be structurally sound so they don't just fall over or sink into themselves or the icing start melting - it will be sitting in your venue for hours before anyone even eats it.

Something you could do as an alternative is have a fake bottom tier and buy a sheet cake to feed the majority of the guests. That should bring down the cost a bit.

• Jazmin
    Jazmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm struggling to find a decent-priced bakery. I don't know if it's because I'm saying it's a wedding cake? I want a very simple wedding cake that feeds 40 people and so far bakeries are charging me $500+ which I think is a lot for a two-tier, just icing cake but I could be wrong.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When you say you're struggling to find a good bakery, do you mean all the cakes you've tried so far are no good? Is there something specific you're looking for?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics