Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Frequent user October 2017 Ontario

Wedding cake flavour?

Laura, on May 18, 2017 at 13:12 Posted in Wedding reception 0 24

Figuring out our wedding cake is the final vendor that we need to book with...and as if that isn't hard enough, we now need to figure out what cake flavour to do.

We are doing a 3 tier cake and we have the option of choosing a different flavour for each tier.

So I'm curious what other people are choosing for their cakes...Vanilla, Chocolate, lemon, carrot, red velvet?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on August 17, 2017 at 14:51
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If those examples you listed are your flavor choices, I would choose one vanilla, one either chocolate or red velvet, and one carrot - cover lots of people's taste preferences!

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    From top to bottom we are doing peanut butter cake with chocolate filling, caramel vanilla cake with caramel machiatto filling and red velvet cake with cream cheese filling. Yum!

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The lady in Winnipeg I am looking at does Chocolate Raspberry, cookies n cream, black forest, and a few other flavors. We are thinking 2 tiers with and than cupcakes but our caterer already includes deserts in their price. I like the idea of being different but I'll definitely have to try before I buy.

• Jordie
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Jordie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We choose carrot cake as that is my fiance's favourite kind. We are then doing a small amount of chocolate and vanilla cupcakes for the children.

• Daniela
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going for chocolate because it's my favourite! We will probably be doing cupcakes!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we are just going to do a little tiny cake for cutting, then something else for the guests! Since it's just going to be a little one and we're not trying to please everyone, we're going to do carrot cake because it's our fave! Then we'll have other options for the guests Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a 3 tier cake each layer is different one layer is banana with cream cheese filling, the second is chocolate with salted caramel filling and the third is lemon with a raspberry filling.

• Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a cupcake tree. I'm making all the cupcakes and icing them!

We will have a variety of flavors including gluten free!

I have the week before our big day off, and I'm looking forward to baking up a storm!

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same thing, were having carrot with cream cheese icing filling on one tier, a cookies and cream cake with chocolate ganache filling on another tier, and still trying to figure out the third tier. Our cake lady suggested to pick something different that will give people options. She suggested doing a fruity layer like strawberry shortcake, or a lemon cake.

Do some tastings with you and your fiancé, and chose what you like is the best thing I can suggest.

Best of luck!!! Cheers Smiley cake

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be making my own sugar-free wedding cake. I think the flavour will be lemon with raspberry filling.

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing sugar-free cupcakes. much easier to deal with.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooh strawberry or coconut both sound lovely to me.
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They would make it with cream cheese icing if we wanted it....which I know my FH would love. Each layers cake flavour and icing can all be different, which is what drew me to this specific baker...I love having different options to choose from!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our Vendor gave us the option of Chocolate, Vanilla, Lemon, Strawberry, Coconut and Almond. I like the idea of the Chocolate and Lemon!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

interesting...would they make the one red velvet layer with cream cheese frosting too?

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Difference is, a real red velvet cake is actually made with buttermilk which adds a very different, smooth taste. As well, it has cream cheese icing rather than generic icing.

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Red velvet! It's chocolate with red dye!
  • Jessica
    Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing cupcakes, currently thinking half Raspberry Lemonade and half S'mores Smiley smile

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vanilla & Lemon are definites for my FH and I...the 3rd option is between Red Velvet and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. But I agree, a nice bite with all 3 sounds like heaven! Smiley smile

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE THAT! Vanilla, chocolate and lemon would be amazing. I'm imagining a large bite that includes all three and it's making me excited, and I don't even normally like cake.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Laura, So nice! My favourites are chocolate and vanilla. Smiley love Did you check our dessert discussion. Maybe it could give you some inspiration. Which Dessert Looks Most Appetizing? Let me know which one you will choose. xx

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also haven't really decided, but Erin seems to have it down pat! lol
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We havn't decided on cake flavours. We are doing a one tier cake for us to eat and then cupcakes for everyone else and we get to choose 3 different flavours for the cupcakes! So I have a lot to pick out as well. We tried a few flavours that we loved, but I forget them now! I know one flavour I picked was salted caramel!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do something that ties them all together like 1 tier chocolate cake with strawberry filling, 1 tier vanilla with strawberry filling and then 1 tier marble chocolate and vanilla with strawberry filling.

You could also do seasonal tiers so like carrot, cranberry and pumpkin with plain vanilla frosting. Or, just choose your favourite flavours and see if they can be made into a cake (if they aren't already regular cake flavours).

We aren't doing the cake thing but we will have multiple desserts, one of which is a strawberry champagne cupcake and another is vegan carrot cake (surprisingly delicious!). I think that as long as you like your cake then that is all that matters.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics