Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Wedding budget

Alicia, on October 17, 2019 at 14:50 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
Looking to do a small wedding in southern Ontario, what is a realistic budget?
100 ppl approx

7 Comments

Latest activity by Riley, on September 23, 2021 at 09:01
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Alicia, I saw that you said you're open to a cash bar? If so, you could probably get a venue that charges $50-$75 per person ($64.98-$97.46), which means that comes to $6498-$9746 for 100 guests before you get to decorations, attire, wedding favours, officiant, etc. The general rule of thumb for a wedding budget is that half of your budget should go towards your venue (food and drink included). I don't know if any off this helps, but good luck!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you book off season you can do that for 10K!!

• A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you that helps alot
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Kelsie said, there are SOOOOO many factors when it comes to wedding planning, and a "realistic" budget.

Best thing to start with is venues, what do they include, what their pricing is, and that will give you an idea for the area.

If you DIY, you can save a lot of money, if you rent things, you can save a lot instead of buying them.

Many places in Niagara are min $100 a person, plus tax and 18% tip. Just for your venue, food, and we had an open bar. Do some research, and then set your budge from there is my opinion. That's what we did, and it was honestly easier for us

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Alicia!

What style are you looking for? A banquet hall? A rustic barn? Golf course? There's a few open houses I've seen coming out for weddings this month, which gives you a chance to go to venues and check them out.

I'm from the Brampton area but we're getting married in a church in Mississauga and having our reception in Kleinburg.

If you have a budget in mind - stick to it! Don't feel compelled to change your budget - and don't be afraid to be upfront with vendors about your budget. If you can only spend X amount on flowers, cake, a dress, etc. let them know and they'll be able to help you find something that works and is budget friendly!

• A
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I'm in Guelph/Brampton/Cambridge area. I'm looking for a fall wedding, I am wondering if anyone has recommendations for venues/caterers in that area.
    I am not heavily concerned with open bar but maybe even cash/toonie bar is doable for a smaller budget.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think this is really an open ended question because it depends on so many factors.

For example, where in Southern Ontario? If it's in Toronto - venues charge higher end rates for weddings, especially on a Saturday. If you're well outside the Toronto/GTA you might get a better deal.

Speaking of days of the week! What day is your wedding? Saturdays are more expensive than Fridays and Sundays.

In addition, are you someone that likes to DIY? Or will you be wanting to hire a planner/decorator/florist, etc. for your big day? The more DIY that can be done, the more money that can be saved.

What kind of wedding reception are you wanting to have? A brunch? lunch? full dinner? Or just some apps and snacks? An open bar will cost more than a cash bar/toonie bar - that's something to keep in mind as well.

The biggest bulk of your budget will go to your venue, food and booze. So I think it is really important to ask yourself what you really envision for your reception.

Many people can do a wedding for $10,000-$15,000 (or less) and others have weddings that cost far more - it all depends on what your vision is for your day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics