Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carissa
Curious July 2018 Ontario

Wedding/ Bridal shows

Carissa, on September 28, 2017 at 10:55 Posted in Ontario 0 10
Hey Everybody!i just recently got engaged and was wondering if anybody knew of any wedding or bridal shows in and around the gta Smiley smile thanks!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Carissa, on October 3, 2017 at 11:03
  • Carissa
    Carissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Erin, thank you very much.

Bringing somebody that is not my fiancè is a great idea and i am glad you mentioned that or i wouldnt have thought about it.

Thank you

-Carissa

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on your engagement!

I only went to one wedding show in Ottawa. I found it very overwhelming and overpriced. Everyone makes you feel like you need all these services and things but don't be fooled. Make sure you bring someone with you that isn't your fiance. They will be excited for you but will also probably be more level-headed.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope you win something in one of the contests. Good luck!

• Carissa
    Carissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Sonja, thank you so much for the advice! i will definitely remember that when i go, i just like to go mostly for ideas and the contests!Thanks again
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carissa, just a word of advice about the bridal shows; everything is overpriced. They make you feel like you can't live without the items they're offering but remember, they are there to make money. Always check locally to see if you can find something for a better price. I don't know what your budget is but it's no problem to spend $10,000, $15,000, and even $20,000 if you're not careful. Our wedding cost under $5500.00 and was at an amazing golf course. The food was awesome and we had an open bar. We had a classical guitarist, a singer, and a DJ also. So it can be done well on a smaller budget. Just beware.

• Trudy
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Trudy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I've signed up for the Oct 22nd bridal show in Toronto. They have free tickets right now, I don't know how long that will last for.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Trudy and Carissa!! Check out our 12 Can't Miss Ontario Fall Wedding Shows for dates and show descriptions Smiley heart

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carissa, check out Torontos Bridal Show

I've heard good things!!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!!

I wish I knew of some, do you have any vendors you could ask who might know? Does your venue host any of these events?

• Trudy
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Trudy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just got engaged too and just missed one that was last weekend. I'd also like to know of any upcoming weddings in the GTA. I'm in Mississauga

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics