Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elizabeth
Beginner July 2022 Ontario

Wedding bands

Elizabeth, on January 23, 2022 at 08:53 Posted in Before the wedding 0 10
Hi everyone!

I’m 5.5 months out until the big day (July 9) and my FH and I have been going back and forth on when we should go for our wedding bands. When is it the right time to go? I was thinking April since it’s 3 months before or is that too early?
Thanks everyone! Happy Sunday 😁

10 Comments

Latest activity by Malyssa, on February 1, 2022 at 12:41
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im getting mine custom made (same jeweler that did my engagement ring so I want it to work with that) and they suggested at least 8 weeks.

but really - I dont think there is every a "too soon" aspect of planning. If you get them 10 months in advance, one less thing to worry about later. Smiley smile

• S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Elizabeth. My Fiancée and I purchased my Wedding Band back at the end of October, we are currently waiting on his band. Our wedding is early May! I hope this helps Smiley smile

• BreddGar
    Curious March 2023 Greater London
    BreddGar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is better to buy an engagement ring a week before the wedding. Because very early can ruin all the fun of wedding rings.

• Christine
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd go sooner rather than later, especially with COVID and potential future lockdowns (sure hope not! But you never know.) We bought ours in Nov for an Apr wedding and scored a good deal from Black Friday sales.
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think if you find something you like, you should just get it. With covid and having 3 years now of planning, we've been looking for wedding bands for a while. Turns our we're pretty picky. So when we found something 10 months in advance, we just decided to get them. Do what feels right!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It honestly depends on the jeweler. When I got the engagement ring, I asked about wedding bands and my jeweler said they typically need 3-4 weeks from order to pickup so I went in the last week of July (give ourselves some extra buffer due to the long weekends in Aug and Sept). But I heard some places need two months or more. I wouldn't go any later than 2 months and if you go soon, definitely try and take advantage of Valentine's Day sales.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went in August for a January wedding but we were having custom rings made. We've had them since November....
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go sooner rather then later. You don't know how long it will take for the jewelers to get the rings in because of shipment delays with covid. Plus Valentine's Day is coming up so most places will have sales going on as well!

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think there's a too early... Kind of like your dress. We got ours 11 months out before prices went up shortly after (jeweler warned us).
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd go sooner rather than later. Jewelry stores in my area have said things are taking longer to come in and resizing is taking longer. We ordered myself another ring and they said up to 4 weeks to come in then 4-6 weeks for sizing. So up to 2.5 months before I'd have the ring in my size.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics