Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Wedding at the Heintzman House in the gta

Mulan, on January 7, 2022 at 19:51 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone had their wedding at the Heintzman House in Thornhill ON ?

They've implemented so many COVID restrictions; stricter than the provincial government's regulations that I'd like to know how eveyone worked their weddings out.

Currently the province has entered Stage 2, and allows 50% capacity for weddings.

The Heintzman House decided to cancel all weddings entirely....

The province also allowed eating and drinking indoors with 75% during stage 3, yet the Heintzman House said they'll only allow 50% capacity and that no one is allowed to eat or drink unless they're seated...including cocktail hour !! when the room is being flipped and there is nowhere for the guests to sit!

If someone has successfully worked out a plan for a wedding at this venue, please share ! Thank you so much.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 8, 2022 at 15:15
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also, modified step 2 allows 50% for a wedding CEREMONY. It doesn't include the reception. Any social event in a public setting is not allowed at the moment.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    To be fair, a ton of venues and vendors are breaking the provincial rules. It doesn't take much investigating to see DJs and venues promoting maskless dance parties in recent weddings.
    It was always a requirement for guests to be seated and eating to remove their masks but a lot of venues don't enforce it to please their parties.
  • M
    Mulan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh! At first I didn't think anything of it as I also thought it would be the same as restaurants... and then I spoke with my caterer and she told me that in the last two years she's done so many weddings and no venue has ever had an issue with people getting drinks and food during cocktail hour and throughout the night, or cut down numbers more than the province required, so I started to get concerned. But thank you for sharing your experience ! If that does happen often elsewhere I guess it isn't too much to worry about!

• M
    Mulan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I didnt know that was a thing ! Thank you for sharing!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would possibly post in your local wedding sell/swap groups on facebook and see if any other couples are having their wedding at that location with the same issue

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can't help with this specific venue but it probably costs them to much to have weddings even at 50%. Unfortunately, that is why other venues have made that difficult decision as well (now and in the past). Our friends found themselves in this position two months out from their wedding.

As for the eating and drinking only while seated... That's literally every indoor food and drink establishment... Our wedding was like this and it was no issue at all. Everyone had such a great time (us included of course). We were at an event at a restaurant in early December, same thing. I understand these feel like huge issues but I promise you, after being through everything else, this was nothing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics