Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emma
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Wedding arbor/arch

Emma, on August 17, 2020 at 15:24 Posted in DIY 1 7

My fiance and I are getting married next August at a venue where if we want a arch/arbor we have to supply our own and I want to have one. I've looked into rentals and also just buying one and then we'll decorate it with flowers and drapery but what have other people done who have to provide their own arbor/arch?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jes, on September 10, 2020 at 02:24
  • Jes
    Jes ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very nice!!!

• K
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I knew I wanted a backdrop for our ceremony, but something that we could easily move from our ceremony and then expand it and put it behind our Head table at the reception. I also knew I wanted it to be super light and easy to put together and take apart! We got photography backdrop poles, sheer white curtain panels, string fairy lights, and faux flowers, all from Amazon! I had a vision in my head of what I wanted, but it turned out even better than I thought it would!😊Wedding arbor/arch 1
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not really an arch but we're using two decorated podiums and pedestals that will be on each side of us during the ceremony. It will then be reused for the ends of the head table during the reception.

It's something along the lines of this (the ones on the podium closer to our view, not the arch in the background)

Wedding arbor/arch 2

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé is handy and has made us a hexagon arbour for our small ceremony outside this year. And we’ll attach artificial flower arrangements that I made. I like Amelia’s idea of waiting until this wedding season is over to see if people are selling. Our plan is to sell ours afterwards so I’m sure there will be more! Also, if either of you are handy, he made ours for about $40 after just doing a quick google search for instructions!Wedding arbor/arch 3

Wedding arbor/arch 4

• Alison
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is so cool! Very unique!
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so cool and good ideas! Thank you!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought this second hand, but it was made by the previous owner. It's a metal frame and the books all have holes drilled through to thread them on.

Wedding arbor/arch 5
    We're going to use it indoors only, because the only thing heavier than 150 books is 150 soggy books if it rains.
    You could reach out to local craftsmen or wait until after wedding season to see what comes up in the second hand wedding yardsales on Facebook.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics