Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Newbie October 2019 Quebec

Wedding Anxiety!

Christina, on October 3, 2019 at 16:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 8
My wedding is in TWO DAYS!!!!! I’m overcome with anxiety about everything...what if no one likes my dress? What if the food is terrible? What if nothing goes according to plan?

I’m an anxious person in general, but I feel as though it’s truly getting the best of me. Any brides dealing with this same feeling? Would love to hear how you all coped with the stress!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 8, 2019 at 16:03
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dont stress!! im sure you had the most best day ever!!!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope you have a great day tomorrow!
  • Christina
    Newbie October 2019 Quebec
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for everyone’s wonderful tips and recommendations! I cannot even begin to believe that my wedding is tomorrow. Love how everyone is so sweet on here! 💗
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't stress about perfection and if you want specific thing put them in your timeline or they might not happen. We planned a first touch and told our photographer about it, but it didn't happen.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was a ball of stress and anxiety for the entire week before my wedding. Here's my advice :

- The worst thing you can do is keep what's bothering you to yourself. Talk it out, to your FH, your best friend, your mom!
    - Tell your crew how you'd like your morning of the wedding to be like. Do you want loud music? Do you want people to interact non-stop with you? Or the opposite...do you want soft music in the background, and for people to just engage with you but not too much?
    - Breathe, drink LOTS of water and try to snack. Have gum on hand, in case you feel nauseous from the anxiety. (I had two bananas, a granola bar, piece of olive bread, a piece of cheese and finished a pack of gum).
    - Take some time for yourself. A little alone time never hurt nobody. Do yoga, stretch, listen to your favorite tunes or movie.
    Finally, learn to let go of things that are out of your control like the weather, the food, what guests will or won't do or say. It's easier said than done, but once you start letting go, you can shift your focus on things that matter like enjoying the company of people around you, soaking up every single minute of it because it does go by so fast!!
    Hope you have an amazing wedding Smiley heart

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Us October 5th brides gotta stick together!! lol

Everything is going to be good!!! Me and my FH just got our marriage license today and honestly - knowing our officiant is all good to go and we have the documentation... we are getting married and that's all I care about. I was super stressed about all the last minute things like our basement flooding, our decor being ruined, the river being too high for a ceremony on the dock, it's going to rain all day on Saturday, etc...... but at least we will be Husband and Wife and will have music, dancing, and booze!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There will more than likely be a couple things that don't go as planned but for the most part your guests won't notice. I'm sure your day will be perfect for you. If you love your dress it really doesn't matter if no one else does (I'm sure everyone will). The food is out of your control now but I'm sure you did your best to find a venue with good food. Try to let yourself relax the best you can. Enjoy your day and hopefully the next couple leading up to it. At the end of the day you'll be married and starting your happily ever after.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also getting married this saturday. And have been a nervous wreck for days. But I spent 4 hours at the spa today and now I feel great! It was one of the best experiences of my life! I'm so ready to marry my best friend.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics