Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Erin
Super May 2022 Ontario

Wedding alter backdrop/decor

Erin, on February 21, 2019 at 14:53 Posted in DIY 0 9
Hi Ladies, I am having my ceremony and reception at the same location and I would like some ideas on a wedding alter backdrop, I am hoping to design/make something myself. Thanks in advance

9 Comments

Latest activity by Alycia, on February 22, 2019 at 09:32
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Plenty of time, bonus, it’s therapeutic during the wedding planning process lol, it’s super easy to do. I just checked Pinterest for a tutorial, I can do them while I watch tv now without looking it just took two weeks of making a few a night. I got my origami paper on amazon, I got a 500 pack to start, I’ll order another when I get closer to the end of the pack, I believe they cost me just under 10$

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That makes the results endless!!, love it, thanks for giving me some ideas

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will check out pinterest, thanks

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh i like that, thanks for sharing

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh those are beautiful, i also have a little over a year so i have lots of time to put something together

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Consider doing an Ikea hack like this!

Tulle Backdrop: Use Lill Curtains ($5) to craft a stunning ceremony backdrop, hide a wall you don’t love or create soft light through windows. Wedding alter backdrop/decor 1

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on what you’re doing for your altar, if you’ve decided, either faux flower wall (check amazon or Etsy for supplies), you could do like me and make a curtain of origami cranes. I am having so much fun folding them, I do 3-5 a night and I have a year to get it done lol some days I get on a roll and do 20 haha! I put them right away on the string as I do them so they dont get in my way and I’ve been storing them in a Rubbermaid once i finish a string.

Paper cranesWedding alter backdrop/decor 2

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could use PVC pipes to make an arch, similar to the one below, and add flowers or drapes. The great thing about DYI arches with PVC pipes, is that you can make them as large or as small as you want!

DYI archWedding alter backdrop/decor 3

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Maybe one of those flower walls with fake flowers? You can get a lot of fake flowers for cheap on Etsy! There are a ton of great ideas on Pinterest. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics