Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddie19
Curious July 2020 Alberta

Wedding Advice – Nerves!

Maddie19, on March 10, 2020 at 18:00 Posted in WeddingWire 0 10

I'm getting really nervous for the big day. Not cold feet but just lots and lots of nerves. I feel like we have so many things left to do and not enough time (four months to go)

SO, what is one piece of advice you've received throughout the process (or if you're already married what advice do you have?) to calm nerves and just enjoy everything?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on March 16, 2020 at 12:00
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Taking a walk every day when you feel its needed or going for a run feels great to take your mind off wedding plans while getting some fresh air. Make a board of THINGS TO DO and check mark after each or cross off each task when its done. Taking one day at a time and enjoying the day with your FH spending time together.
  • Karina
    Curious May 2021 Alberta
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was told to enjoy the journey and not try to rush the planning. Just take your time, delegate as needed, and then everything will flow together!

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is BRILLIANT advice. I’ve gotten about 30 rsvps so far so I’m definitely going to start putting my seating chart together. I’m 121 days to go and I’ve gotten all my important things done (sort of). I still have to buy my heels and extensions. But everything else are little things that I need to finish a bit closer to the date. Try and get all the big stuff done ASAP! If you’re wedding is in the summer I 100% suggest booking your nail appointments in advance since it could coincide with prom/wedding season in general ! Once you hit the 3 month mark, just sit back and RELAX! It’s my last homestretch and I’m finally ready to enjoy the ride LOL!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do everything now. dont wait till last minute. make ur day of schedule, pack for the hotel, pack the stuff ur bringing to the hall early, make your speech now, do seating chart as people start rsvping, im a month after you and ive done everything i can so far! i dont want to be stressed the month before! but if all thats done ENJOY!!!!!!! RELAX!! get your hair and nails done lol

• K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh girl I feel ya! I’m just a little over 3 months away and I’m panicking like crazy! But- for me it helps to just check in atleast once per day on the WW app (I check budget and the to-do list) and try to pick something small to accomplish each day, whether it be just a simple email to check on a vendor, or shop Amazon for ideas.... any little thing that helps me feel more prepared! Before I go to bed every night, I try to remind myself (and my FH) that I’m so happy and grateful for everything we have and everything we’re about to do. It helps get me excited for the future and helps me reflect for a moment- so I can enjoy this more.
    I’m still a giant panicking mess on the inside but it does help a little bit 🙂 I hope your planning is going well!!!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    4 months is going to feel like so little time with everything there is to be done, but it's also a lot of time to take everything in. I'm a little over 7 months away, and believe me, I feel your nerves! I try to spend just a certain amount of time per day on wedding stuff and then allow myself to enjoy the rest of the day. Things will still come up to be dealt with, but my advice is really just to make sure you create a comfortable balance between wedding planning and everything else in your world that isn't wedding related. Especially date nights! Any time when you are both able to go for a walk, have dinner, see a movie, do anything where the weddingcosnt the focus, it will definitely help you to not be on constant planning duty and hopefullycease a bit of the pressure. You put so much work into your day, it's going to be beautiful! But you're only 'engaged' for so long and it's important to enjoy that time just as much ♥️
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Make yourself reasonable goals of what needs to be done when. Small manageable bites! If having one long list stresses you out get a planner and break things down by what to do today/this week/by month end so it doesn't look so scary.

Don't be afraid to ask for help, and make sure you're clear about what you need for help. People want to help, they often don't know you need it or don't know how they can help.
  • First
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    First ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would make a list of all of the things you feel like you still have to get done. It might be overwhelming at first, but push through! Then, I would decide what things you can ask other people to do (ex. Your parents, bridal party). Pick something easy for you to check off your list and get started there. It really helps me to feel like I’m getting something done.

And if you need to... take a sick day! Plan a day to just tackle some things you are dreading.
    Hope this kinda helps!
  • A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I get married in June and feel like a lot of issues I didn't think I would have to deal with are coming up (bridal party not ordering their dresses and parents inviting guests that weren't on the invite list ect). But my partner keeps reminding me that even if a bunch of extra people come or no one shows up at all we will still get to be married and we have a photographer to take pictures. It won't be as bad as my mind makes it out to be. Which helps me stay calm.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I get married about a week after you! I’m normally a high strung, type A person so I’m worried about everything all the time.

We also have our house closing coming up and bridal shower in May so stress galore here!
    Honestly, my mom sat me down and said I need to literally be present and enjoy the moment or it’ll pass me by. So I try to take some moments everyday to just see what we’ve got left to do, talk to FH about it and make a plan and the rest of the time I’m just enjoying!
    We take one day every weekend to just hang out and talk about how we are excited we are for everything coming up and I actually love those days!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics