Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jess
Curious June 2022 Ontario

Wedding "2.0" Reception

Jess, on August 13, 2021 at 14:38 Posted in Wedding reception 1 6

Hi all!

My husband and I had a mini backyard wedding with our parents and bridal party in July 2020. With things opening, we finally feel like we can plan our "2.0" Celebration for summer 2022 without fears of cancelling a second event!

We won't be "re-doing" our ceremony. We know we will have a catered dinner and drinks....but what else? How do we keep our ~100 guests happy and busy? I still want them to see it as a Wedding celebration.

Cocktail hour, cake, speeches...? I'm not sure what "fits" into a proper Wedding Day vs this Wedding Celebration 2 years later. Please share your ideas!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on August 17, 2021 at 19:56
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the interactive ideas of a candy bar and photo booth!

We have been thinking of a cookie bar, with 4 types (from each of our grandmothers' recipe books).
    And love a photo booth! We had a small polaroid station with a backdrop I made for 1.0 and it was definitely a highlight!
    Thanks for the ideas
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Guests would definitely love that idea. Thanks!
  • Jess
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Didnt even think of an entrance. Thanks for all the ideas!
  • Mo
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Mo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, same boat here! For our "2.0" Wedding Ceremony / Reception besides drinks and food, dance we have decided to do a couple of games, speeches for sure and a fun Candy table. Have you looked into doing a photo booth? I know that is a popular one at weddings. Everyone has a different thing to entertain their guests.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your crowd would be into it, hire a DJ and dance like it's a club. That's something that a lot of people felt was sorely missing in their pandemic weddings.

• Brittany
    Devoted December 2022 Yucatán
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All the things you describe is perfect to be honest. I don't think you need to go above and beyond, especially if you are providing drinks and food! If you're doing it outside I would suggest to maybe add some outdoor games like Lawn Jenga and what not.

And its still a reception for your original wedding, just post-poned 2 years later. You can still do the traditional walk-in, first dance, dinner time, speeches, cut the cake and partying all night. Just because it's later does not mean it has to be "less" wedding like!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics