Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
British Columbia

Website Details - the Guest List

Brittany, on April 16, 2018 at 19:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Hello!

I'm starting to add my details to my wedding website. I have found some articles for what information to include, but I'm wondering how to eloquently say that there are no plus ones, or that invited guests are specified. We aren't having children either, so it will say something like:

"Guests: Adults Only, *some nice way to say no plus ones*"

Help!?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on April 17, 2018 at 14:54
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Excellent! Glad to have helped.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh, I guess I could explain this in a longer, nicer way on our actual RSVP page (if it allows me). I think the second one sounds a liiiittle harsher than I'd like. I like yours though. Simple and sweet. The way our guest list was planned is, if when we go to send out invitations, we can't put your guests' full name on the envelope, then you don't get one. So no one's invitation will say "plus guest" or "and guest", we are inviting your specific S.O. (also prevents them bringing their rebound date if something happens before the wedding).

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like this one! I'll probably put something like:

"Guests: Adults Only. Due to budget restrictions, we are unable to have extra guests at this time."

Not too harsh, but kind of answers the "can I bring a date" question. Also, there is a little blurb/ "poem" type thing on our details insert fully explaining the no kids part, so this is just a reminder for that.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, it definitely does, in fact, unless you have a guest named "John Smith Guest", they can only RSVP their name. I will also be addressing the invitations specific to each guest. So hopefully those will both contribute towards keep things clear.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We aren't doing evites, just online RSVPs. Our details insert will direct people to the wedding website for more info/RSVP. I think we are close enough to everyone we can call and clarify if necessary though!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you could say something like "due to budget and space restrictions, we cannot have extra guests at this time."

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The rsvp photo is off of my site and the other was off of another discussion I found. The biggest thing is delicate but clear wording of everything I think.. I originally wanted to go the same route as you but I caved and chose to allow plus ones to avoid the discomfort of it all. I wish you luck ❤️

Website Details - the Guest List 1

Website Details - the Guest List 2
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’d say google some cute poem about just bringing yourself solo or something lol. It’s kind of an awkward thing, but if people attempt to RSVP more than one, just call them and let them know that’s not the case.
  • C
    Newbie July 2019 British Columbia
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe a phone call invite first to clarify and add personal touch, followed by the evite?
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t know if wedding wire’s website has this function, but some of them you can restrict rsvps to only the names you have in your system. I’ve done that to avoid any confusion. Also on the envelopes list everyone by name. That should also help.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree, there isn't really a nice way to say it. However we aren't doing invitation designs that allow to write in the "seats reserved" option. We are doing electronic RSVP, so you'd hope they get it when there's only their name.... I was just hoping there was some way to say it or imply it that didn't sound completely awful
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you doing traditional invitations as well? If so you could do something like "We've reserved __ seats for you". As for your wedding website, I don't know how you could put that one there without looking rude.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics