Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Weather during an October wedding

Amanda, on August 2, 2020 at 00:41 Posted in Ontario 0 3
Hi everyone! I’m newly engaged and am looking at a few manors/estates for a summer or fall wedding in 2021. Unfortunately, given the current pandemic I’m limited to mid to late October dates.

Does anyone have any experiences with the Toronto weather during October? Is it super cold and rainy like people are saying? And will there be enough greenery for an outdoor ceremony at an manor/estate?
I’m concerned about my Oct 16 date but I don’t really have a choice at this point - thank you in advance!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on August 4, 2020 at 09:27
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rain is super unpredictable, whenever you book a wedding including outdoors, make sure you have a plan B and make sure you are HAPPY with your plan B in the event that happens.

October is a beautiful month, It does seem to rain yearly near Halloween though, that's the only thing I have noticed, so stay away from end of October if you can!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rain is unpredictable as a lot of the precipitation we get is affected by weather patterns in the states. Sometimes it's wet and gross by September, others we're humid until October with cold evenings. I personally don't think it's not super cold but I have friends who are from warmer climates like India and South America complain about "the cold." Ladies might get chilly and feel nippy especially if their legs or shoulders are exposed. If guys are wearing suits, they should be fine. I would definitely recommend having an indoor backup.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It all depends on when the rains start. Commonly, the rainy part of fall starts in late October/November but it can start earlier in October, sometimes as early as thanksgiving. If you’re planning an outside ceremony, make sure you have an indoor backup just in case.
    As for greenery, the fall colours usually turn during that time or a little sooner. You should still have foliage available but it likely won’t be green anymore.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics