Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joannie
Curious September 2019 Quebec

We got married!

Joannie, on September 4, 2019 at 18:07 Posted in Just married 0 23
We got married on Sunday and everything was so perfectly imperfect (actually everything was perfect, except for the DJ)
The weather was perfect
Everyone came
We had a perfect ceremony
My husband and his groomsmen were so handsome
Everyone was such in a good mood

but like I said, the DJ was HORRIBLE. Girls if you are getting married, invest in a good DJ/MC
The guy was super awkward, he couldn’t speak English even tho he said he could (kept saying brides and grooms like there was 400 of us) forgot to put songs when one finished, showed up 2h late. I mean HE WAS HORRIBLE

It didn’t stop our guests from having fun, but definitely not what we were expecting. We stayed outside enjoying the perfect weather to make sure we wouldn’t hear him talk😅

Other than that, all my vendors were fantastic.
If I have one recommandation to any bride I would say: get a day of coordinator. Ours was like a little ninja handling everything and it took so much stress of my shoulders!

for brides in Quebec, my photographer is Sarah Dagenais and damn i’m happy I hired her, we only got our sneak peak and we are already so happy!!!

We got married! 1

We got married! 2

We got married! 3

23 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on November 14, 2019 at 00:20
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow that last photo looks like something out of a fairy tale! Absolutely gorgeous!

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Smiley heart

The sneak peaks look delightful and the last one is my favorite for sure.

That's great you were able to push forward after the dj incident. I don't know how I would react if that happens.

Any other tips perhaps? I do have a day of coordinator set up. So that's a relief.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sucks about your dj!!! but congrats on being married!!!!!!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gorgeous photographs! Sorry to hear that your DJ stunk, but glad that everything else went really well. Congratulations!!!

• Joannie
    Joannie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bought the flowers the morning before the wedding and did the bouquets at night with my bridesmaids. I watched a lot of YouTube videos to learn how to do it and it was so helpful! I did the boutonnières as well, but I would recommend getting smaller flowers for that because it was too heavy to hold still. At first it looks a little bit intimidating, but everything turned out great!
  • Jasmin
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’d really like to do that for my wedding too, just not sure how difficult it is for a complete noob to do?? Did u make the corsages and boutonnières as well? I was thinking to order faux floral ones off aliexpress for those! Time wise, were the bouquets made night before the wedding or two days prior? TIA! 💕
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These photos are gorgeous!! That last one looks especially stunning!! Congrats Smiley smile

• Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Omg so glad it went well! Those photos are stellar. Wow!

Very inspired because it looks like your wedding and mine will be quite similar! Getting married in 8 days Smiley smile

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful photos!! I am happy it all went well Smiley smile Sorry about the DJ, but sounds like you guys had amazing time either way. I agree with the coordinator- ours had bailed on us 6 months prior and couldn't find another one for similar price. Regretting it now lol but honestly happy you had one that was perfect!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Looks gorgeous! Congrats! And thanks for the tips!
    Luckily, my sister's fiance owns and runs his own A/V and production company, so I know my DJ will be top notch and my emcee is a professional (and my Man of Honour) so I'm in good hands there as well!
    I also definitely hired a day-of coordinator - it's already a huge relief to me!
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue is providing our time line. The big day is this saturday. Im all set and ready to go!
  • Miav
    Devoted September 2020 Alberta
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! And thanks for all your tips Smiley smile will definitely look into hiring a day of coordinator Smiley smile

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Best wishes to you. Glad your day was (almost) perfect.
  • Joannie
    Joannie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did the bouquets myself with Costco flowers. In mine there was silverdollar eucalyptus, the branch type of eucalyptus (don’t remember the name but it’s very solid and holds on it’s own), white roses, whites dahlias, babysbreath and some greenery we cut from my mother’s backyard. It looked gorgeous and held perfectly!
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You both look so lovely! Sorry about your dj. But so glad that you had an amazing day.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went back and forth over a day of coordinator and finally decided to have one. She has already been a blessing helping us chose vendors (we are not from where we are getting married so we really have no idea who is good and who to avoid). I didn't want to worry the day of the wedding or ask family to run around doing things for us.

• Jasmin
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Jasmin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! You two look so amazingly beautiful and stunning!! I was wondering what kind of bouquet you had? I was thinking of something similar for mine - eucalyptus and some white or blush florals too 💕
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Glad to hear that almost everything went perfectly according to plan Smiley smile I sure hope there wasn't a tip for the DJ Smiley tongue

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Beautiful photos! Congrats Smiley laugh Thanks for the advice.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Really cute pictures!!

That sucks about your DJ!! Would you mind sharing who it was so other brides have a heads up?!

Congratulations!!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! Beautiful pictures. That is really unfortunate about your DJ but everything else worked out!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats!

Enjoy your start if a new chapter in life. Pictures are awesome and gorgeous. I find some DJs lose their confidence when they need to get their part done at events. It would be good to know who this DJ is that shouldn't be hired.
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I'm sorry to hear about your DJ, but it sounds like you handled it well and still had a blast.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics